Hate to say it, but...

#1STE573Posted 7/1/2013 5:25:00 AM
Bayonetta 2 should have been a multiplat, it simply isn't going to sell enough on the Wii U alone to justify a sequel imo.

It's one of the reasons I'll buy back a Wii U and I think a lot of people should give it a chance, but considering the first game sold 1.5 million across a 80 million install (xb + ps3 at Bayonetta launch) I don't forsee a big hit here on a console with a tenth of the install.

What is the opinion of the board? Is it more a case of wanting the exclusive or a case that they would want it to be strong seller across multiple platforms?

And lets not forget, it isn't a Mario or a Zelda exclusive, it really isn't going to sell enough to be considered a big success.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X Currently playing Dragons Dogma (360) Xcom (360) Persona 4 (Vita) Demon Souls (PS3).
#2BeanBeanKingdomPosted 7/1/2013 5:30:02 AM
Assuming you know the game was either going to be a Wii U exclusive or not happening at all and that you're speaking hypothetically, of course it would've been better if it was a multiplat. The Bayonetta fanbase, however small, wasn't on Nintendo systems.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#3Lethal_BathTubPosted 7/1/2013 5:30:33 AM
Sony & Microsoft didn't want the game.

That's all there is to it.
---
Too many things are troublesome.
Psn: Lethal_Sink - Visit my YouTube for daily videos http://www.youtube.com/user/ChaotixLegacy
#4KAMMYqueenPosted 7/1/2013 5:31:22 AM
Lethal_BathTub posted...
Sony & Microsoft didn't want the game.

That's all there is to it.

this, i thought we was past this
#5spealfan444Posted 7/1/2013 5:40:20 AM
Sigh. Do I have to say this again? Without Nintendo, there wouldn't be Bayonetta 2 at all. So unless Nintendo wants to port it to PS4 or XBO, is isn't gonna happen.
---
These boards are a creature of Chaos, they may take many incarnations.
#6Pharsti01Posted 7/1/2013 5:42:03 AM
How could it sell more being multiplat if no one wanted to fund the game?

Nintendo funded it, its theirs, without them, there would be no Bayonetta 2, multiplat be damned, i just want the game.
---
Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet to decide who is for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has a gun.
#7STE573(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 5:44:35 AM
I get that it wouldn't exist if Nintendo hadn't published the game, but hypothetically, the game stands to fall short sales wise, and thus kill off the franchise, again hypothetically.

It's like it's already condemned imo and I'm not really ok with that considering Bayonetta is probably the best spectacle fighter of last gen.

All I'm saying is I'd rather have a higher chance of a sequel than exclusivity. Thats what I was trying to get at.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X Currently playing Dragons Dogma (360) Xcom (360) Persona 4 (Vita) Demon Souls (PS3).
#8lastofus1999Posted 7/1/2013 5:46:39 AM
ponies STILL jealous?
---
Dreamcast is everlasting dopeness, just Excellent. Monster hunter freedom unite has a great metascore.
#9spealfan444Posted 7/1/2013 5:47:58 AM
STE573 posted...
I get that it wouldn't exist if Nintendo hadn't published the game, but hypothetically, the game stands to fall short sales wise, and thus kill off the franchise, again hypothetically.

It's like it's already condemned imo and I'm not really ok with that considering Bayonetta is probably the best spectacle fighter of last gen.

All I'm saying is I'd rather have a higher chance of a sequel than exclusivity. Thats what I was trying to get at.

Then go to the Sega forums and complain why they didn't fund it in the first place.
---
These boards are a creature of Chaos, they may take many incarnations.
#10Rasputin77Posted 7/1/2013 5:52:31 AM(edited)
lastofus1999 posted...
ponies STILL jealous?

Oh thank goodness. I feared that some of you may have grown up over the weekend, and that this would be a vastly different site. I'm glad to see I was mistaken - I don't handle change very well. =)

Also... Bayo-what?
---
The irony of GameFAQs: http://postimg.org/image/a2yrtprql/
"Label everyone into groups to make the world easier to understand" - Your parents.