Hate to say it, but...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Hate to say it, but...
3 years ago#21
deathwave21 posted...
Bayonetta 2 should have been a multiplat, it simply isn't going to sell enough on the Wii U alone to justify a sequel imo.

It's one of the reasons I'll buy back a Wii U and I think a lot of people should give it a chance

When someone contradicts themself this early in a post, it invalidates anything they could ever say in any future posts.

You don't know what contradicts means do you? In no way did I contradict myself. If I'd have said the B2 wasn't going to sell then declared that it was going to sell, that would be contradiction. I'm buying back a Wii U to play it, which has no contextual foothold on my opinion that it won't sell enough. And again, if I'd have said that no one would buy a Wii U to play it then I said I was going to, that would be a contradiction.

Cheers.
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X Currently playing Dragons Dogma (360) Xcom (360) Persona 4 (Vita) Demon Souls (PS3).
3 years ago#22
thundercat2600 posted...
Sadly it is guaranteed to flop.

Like the first one that was on both Systems?
3 years ago#23
Shankspeare posted...
thundercat2600 posted...
Sadly it is guaranteed to flop.

Like the first one that was on both Systems?

You bring up an interesting point... How many sales does a new niche IP have to achieve to be considered a success?

Because 1.5 million would seem to be not a flop but not a success.

Less than 1 million is probably more indicative of a flop given the potential audience tbh. If Bayo 2 hits 500k at launch I reckon it'll be a success, although not profit wise.
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X Currently playing Dragons Dogma (360) Xcom (360) Persona 4 (Vita) Demon Souls (PS3).
3 years ago#24
I don't understand. You don't want the franchise to die, you're not okay with it being condemned. Nintendo is giving it a chance! It would be dead and would not have a return at all.

That is indeed contradictory.
Disregard females, acquire currency.
3 years ago#25
STE573 posted...
Bayonetta 2 should have been a multiplat, it simply isn't going to sell enough on the Wii U alone to justify a sequel imo.

It's one of the reasons I'll buy back a Wii U and I think a lot of people should give it a chance, but considering the first game sold 1.5 million across a 80 million install (xb + ps3 at Bayonetta launch) I don't forsee a big hit here on a console with a tenth of the install.

What is the opinion of the board? Is it more a case of wanting the exclusive or a case that they would want it to be strong seller across multiple platforms?

And lets not forget, it isn't a Mario or a Zelda exclusive, it really isn't going to sell enough to be considered a big success.

A tenth, try less then a twentith. A tenth of 80m is 8 million, a twetith is 4 million. a twentith of 1.5 million is 75K. If we assume there is the same buyers group.
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Hate to say it, but...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived