Hate to say it, but...

#21STE573(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 8:21:08 AM
deathwave21 posted...
Bayonetta 2 should have been a multiplat, it simply isn't going to sell enough on the Wii U alone to justify a sequel imo.

It's one of the reasons I'll buy back a Wii U and I think a lot of people should give it a chance

When someone contradicts themself this early in a post, it invalidates anything they could ever say in any future posts.

You don't know what contradicts means do you? In no way did I contradict myself. If I'd have said the B2 wasn't going to sell then declared that it was going to sell, that would be contradiction. I'm buying back a Wii U to play it, which has no contextual foothold on my opinion that it won't sell enough. And again, if I'd have said that no one would buy a Wii U to play it then I said I was going to, that would be a contradiction.

Cheers.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X Currently playing Dragons Dogma (360) Xcom (360) Persona 4 (Vita) Demon Souls (PS3).
#22ShankspearePosted 7/1/2013 8:25:46 AM
thundercat2600 posted...
Sadly it is guaranteed to flop.

Like the first one that was on both Systems?
#23STE573(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 8:50:47 AM
Shankspeare posted...
thundercat2600 posted...
Sadly it is guaranteed to flop.

Like the first one that was on both Systems?

You bring up an interesting point... How many sales does a new niche IP have to achieve to be considered a success?

Because 1.5 million would seem to be not a flop but not a success.

Less than 1 million is probably more indicative of a flop given the potential audience tbh. If Bayo 2 hits 500k at launch I reckon it'll be a success, although not profit wise.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X Currently playing Dragons Dogma (360) Xcom (360) Persona 4 (Vita) Demon Souls (PS3).
#24OpShaftPosted 7/1/2013 9:12:33 AM
I don't understand. You don't want the franchise to die, you're not okay with it being condemned. Nintendo is giving it a chance! It would be dead and would not have a return at all.

That is indeed contradictory.
---
Disregard females, acquire currency.
#25PigfartsPosted 7/1/2013 9:15:48 AM
STE573 posted...
Bayonetta 2 should have been a multiplat, it simply isn't going to sell enough on the Wii U alone to justify a sequel imo.

It's one of the reasons I'll buy back a Wii U and I think a lot of people should give it a chance, but considering the first game sold 1.5 million across a 80 million install (xb + ps3 at Bayonetta launch) I don't forsee a big hit here on a console with a tenth of the install.

What is the opinion of the board? Is it more a case of wanting the exclusive or a case that they would want it to be strong seller across multiple platforms?

And lets not forget, it isn't a Mario or a Zelda exclusive, it really isn't going to sell enough to be considered a big success.

A tenth, try less then a twentith. A tenth of 80m is 8 million, a twetith is 4 million. a twentith of 1.5 million is 75K. If we assume there is the same buyers group.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.