EA: Frostbite 3 on Wii U Lower Priority but possible

#11cloudtheprophetPosted 7/1/2013 10:57:51 AM
I myself feel that the Star Wars deal with Disney is the big reason for all the latest flip flopping. I think at least the Star Wars games will come to Wii U. Disney will not miss a opportunity to sell something and they always heavily support Nintendo.
---
NNID: cloudtheprophet
#12ACDCrules1Posted 7/1/2013 11:36:49 AM
darkjedilink posted...
kayoticdreamz posted...
GodofLaziness posted...
http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/07/01/ea-between-ps4-and-xbox-one-well-be-the-winners-frostbite-3-on-wii-u-lower-priority-but-possible/

"Electronic Arts released Mass Effect 3 and FIFA 13 for the Wii U, but currently we’re focusing our resources on Xbox One and PS4, so it’s a fact that the priority (of the Wii U) is slightly lower. Howerver making Frostbite 3 work on the Wii U is not impossible. Where there are gamers, we’ll be there as well. This is the true meaning of “omnidirectional”

Before they said Frostbite 2 can't run on Wii U but now they're saying Frostbite 3 is "not impossible"? Man EA flip flop worse than Mitt Romney during election month.

unlike Obama who has never ever once flip flopped amirite guyz????

What!? He TOTALLY closed Gitmo, brought peace in the Middle East, made health insurance cheaper....

Obama didn't make health insurance cheaper, he just made it a fine able offense if you can't afford health insurance. When you file your taxes, and you don't have health insurance, you better be ready to pay a fine. Obamacare is nothing but a tax on the poor.
---
Newstalgia - a term used to describe people who are unopened to the idea that anything from the past is of any value; people who feel only the new is good.
#13darkjedilinkPosted 7/1/2013 11:38:18 AM
ACDCrules1 posted...
darkjedilink posted...
kayoticdreamz posted...
GodofLaziness posted...
http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/07/01/ea-between-ps4-and-xbox-one-well-be-the-winners-frostbite-3-on-wii-u-lower-priority-but-possible/

"Electronic Arts released Mass Effect 3 and FIFA 13 for the Wii U, but currently we’re focusing our resources on Xbox One and PS4, so it’s a fact that the priority (of the Wii U) is slightly lower. Howerver making Frostbite 3 work on the Wii U is not impossible. Where there are gamers, we’ll be there as well. This is the true meaning of “omnidirectional”

Before they said Frostbite 2 can't run on Wii U but now they're saying Frostbite 3 is "not impossible"? Man EA flip flop worse than Mitt Romney during election month.

unlike Obama who has never ever once flip flopped amirite guyz????

What!? He TOTALLY closed Gitmo, brought peace in the Middle East, made health insurance cheaper....

Obama didn't make health insurance cheaper, he just made it a fine able offense if you can't afford health insurance. When you file your taxes, and you don't have health insurance, you better be ready to pay a fine. Obamacare is nothing but a tax on the poor.

I take it you missed the sarcasm.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#14DeathSnipe777Posted 7/1/2013 11:39:11 AM
Well of course it was possible. Anyone who denied it was really just that ignorant or just trolling.

It's still funny to watch EA backpedal on everything they've said, though.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#15lizard81288Posted 7/1/2013 11:41:42 AM
They already said before the Wiiu came out, that their new frostbite engine works on the Wiiu. Then origins fell through and then all of the sudden Frostbite, no longer works on the Wiiu.....Sure EA, Sure.

Now you are telling us, It can work. Whatever. Atleast they made the xbone look like more of a joke at E3.
EA Sports games, "Super realistic graphics!" *pre rendered cutsecnes that look like garbage*
---
I hate people in general.
http://w11.zetaboards.com/NPC/index/
#16Skill4ReelPosted 7/1/2013 11:58:32 AM
DiscostewSM posted...
Priority "slightly" lower? Doesn't look "slightly" to me. Sounds more like "non-existent" with the way they've treated Nintendo these past number of months. I'm guessing they'll be back if the PS4 and XB1 don't show the promise of high install bases early on, since they are basing their priorities on where the gamers are, and only the Wii U has an actual install base right now.

Yes. EA seems to be trying to boost the install base of the XB1 and PS4 with quality software. While they just took a "whatever" approach with what they put on Wii U last year to the no support at all that the console is getting from them in 2013. They were never really dedicated to the Wii U with any kind of real support anyway.

Everything EA has put on the Wii U so far was created with the minimum production costs possible. Which is guaranteed to be the opposite approach with the two systems launching this winter.
#17NerdimusPrimePosted 7/1/2013 12:01:05 PM
cloudtheprophet posted...
I myself feel that the Star Wars deal with Disney is the big reason for all the latest flip flopping. I think at least the Star Wars games will come to Wii U. Disney will not miss a opportunity to sell something and they always heavily support Nintendo.

This is most likely the case. Hopefully it means we will see Battlefront on the Wii U.
---
If you value privacy please sign here: https://optin.stopwatching.us/
Congratulations to Don Mattrick, Sony employee of the month!
#18DynheartPosted 7/1/2013 12:24:49 PM(edited)
it's marketing.

Remember when Valve (I believe it was Valve) said the PS3 was a weak machine, and they couldn't port games to it. Behold the power of an install base. the following year he says he's sorry and PS3 fans get ports. This was when the PS3 was struggling sales wise for it's first couple of years.

We later get The Last of Us..... weak my ***

I wouldn't be surprised once the Wii U get's legs...it all of the sudden becomes a next gen console that can miraculously run all next gen engines npnp.

It's all about the money. I just don't understand why they can't be upfront about it from the beginning..the excuses are stupid.
---
Currently playing: Call of Duty: BLOPS II, Super Mario Bros. Wii
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ash_wwRQFno
#19The_DjokerPosted 7/1/2013 12:24:07 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#20DiscostewSMPosted 7/1/2013 12:25:35 PM
The_Djoker posted...
Wii U is garbage. Noone wants to treat it seriously apart from Nintendo themselves. Get over it nuthuggers.

your jealousy is showing.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project