EA: Frostbite 3 on Wii U Lower Priority but possible

#21Koko_138Posted 7/1/2013 12:27:20 PM
The new buzz around game engines is 'scale-ability'

An engine that supports hardware from cutting edge PCs down to modest Android devices.

This next generation may not be as technically robust as CE2 or FB2, but they're pushing ease of use and the capability to port from one set of user specs to another.
---
NNID: Creepshow_138
3DS FC: 0060 9847 9651 ... Stay Gold, Pony Boy
#22Ryan SiPosted 7/1/2013 12:30:42 PM
You're just going to have to accept that for a lot of people these days, it comes down to Sony and/or Microsoft. Nintendo isn't even part of the equation. While they are of course known globally, these days they are the niche brand, the "other" brand. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but you have to understand there are negatives that come with that.

Lots of Nintendo fans say they don't want EA games and then when they say things about why they don't support Wii U they get all up in arms. Personally, the only EA games I'm interested in these days are their sports games. SimCity, The Sims, Need for Speed, SSX, etc went downhill a long time ago...

More to the point, wait until Wii U has sold more units (it still won't outsell PS4 or XBO) or buy another console for EA games.
---
Currently Playing: Pikmin 2 (Wii), Pandora's Tower (Wii), Super Meat Boy (PC)
#23NerdimusPrimePosted 7/1/2013 12:37:13 PM
The_Djoker posted...
Wii U is garbage. Noone wants to treat it seriously apart from Nintendo themselves. Get over it nuthuggers.

http://imgur.com/gallery/EIhw212
---
If you value privacy please sign here: https://optin.stopwatching.us/
Congratulations to Don Mattrick, Sony employee of the month!
#24ShankspearePosted 7/1/2013 12:39:50 PM
Ryan Si posted...
You're just going to have to accept that for a lot of people these days, it comes down to Sony and/or Microsoft. Nintendo isn't even part of the equation. While they are of course known globally, these days they are the niche brand, the "other" brand. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but you have to understand there are negatives that come with that.

Lots of Nintendo fans say they don't want EA games and then when they say things about why they don't support Wii U they get all up in arms. Personally, the only EA games I'm interested in these days are their sports games. SimCity, The Sims, Need for Speed, SSX, etc went downhill a long time ago...

More to the point, wait until Wii U has sold more units (it still won't outsell PS4 or XBO) or buy another console for EA games.

I think EA has just honestly had very bad PR in the last few years and they can seem to catch a break. They've put their foot in their mouth alot lately.
#25AmakusaPosted 7/1/2013 3:08:11 PM
Ryan Si posted...

I refuse to buy anything from EA no matter what platform it's on (SimCity was the closest I've gotten to breaking that, but thanks to its mishandled release I'm still EA-free), and I still think the backpedaling is funny.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#26LaManoNeraIIPosted 7/1/2013 5:38:22 PM
Translation: When the WiiU starts outselling other consoles in 2014 we'll completely backtrack on everything we said about it.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009