How is Super Punch Out!!?

#1Companion_Cube_Posted 7/1/2013 9:12:52 AM
Basically the title. Super Punch Out!! was put up on Club Nintendo for 150 coins. I have 770 coins, and I'm a fan of the NES and Wii games in the series, but is the SNES iteration worth the coins?
#2MilesTeg420Posted 7/1/2013 9:14:18 AM
SNES game>NES game. If you like Punchout you should surely get it.
#3MechaKoopa5000Posted 7/1/2013 9:15:40 AM
MilesTeg420 posted...

Lies. It's a bit dif than the NES/Wii ones. Not bad, though.
#4Companion_Cube_(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 9:16:25 AM
MilesTeg420 posted...

The NES game is a 10/10 to me, so I'll probably get it just to see how it compares.
#5XafrXPosted 7/1/2013 9:16:50 AM
It's actually pretty awesome...

Though I do have a question. Is this VC for the Wii only or for Wii U? What I mean is, can I play it on the gamepad?
---
PSN: GEN-XafrX
#6MilesTeg420Posted 7/1/2013 9:18:54 AM
XafrX posted...

Though I do have a question. Is this VC for the Wii only or for Wii U? What I mean is, can I play it on the gamepad?

It's Wii. You will have to wait til Nintendo puts the Wii U vc version up to play on Gamepad.
#7XafrXPosted 7/1/2013 9:20:46 AM
That's what it seemed like to me.... and honestly it's very disappointing. I'll hold on to those coins for now then...

Heh, thanks.
---
PSN: GEN-XafrX
#8MasterPokerPosted 7/1/2013 9:21:50 AM
If I'm not mistaken, Super Punch Out was the game that introduced (and sadly, Wii version continued) opponents who never changed their attack pattern. It was basically made to be a speed-run game rather than a reflex game. Whether you like that or not probably determines whether you'll like Super Punch Out.
---
http://www.lostlabyrinth.com - Free, addicting rogue-based game
Ranked 1st, survived the dungeon: Xuande
#9New LinkPosted 7/1/2013 9:30:25 AM
Companion_Cube_ posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...

The NES game is a 10/10 to me, so I'll probably get it just to see how it compares.

Let me know.
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#10Companion_Cube_(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 9:37:54 AM
XafrX posted...

It's Wii, but you can play it on the Wii emulator on the Wii U, and the Wii board is slow, so I came here for it