Wii Controller questions Brawl + Skyward Sword

#1CalciferJenkinsPosted 7/1/2013 10:42:19 AM
First of all, I'm very sorry about this, I did try to find out the answers by searching, but I got very confused. I never owned a Wii, but I'm hoping to buy a Wii U soon. I'm also hoping to buy Smash Bros. Brawl and Skyward Sword.

Firstly, will both Wii Classic Controllers work with Brawl? I think the choice is between the Classic Controller and the Classic Controller Pro. If they both work, which is generally considered to be better? Pro sounds better, obviously, but it may not be true.

Secondly, I believe I will need a Wii Remote Plus and Nunchuck to play Skyward Sword. Am I correct, and is there anything else I will need?

I think that's it, basically. Thank you very much for any help you can give me, again, I apologise if they are silly questions.
---
Thank you, gentlemen! Someday, I will repay you. Unless, of course, I can't find you or if I forget.
#2CalciferJenkins(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 10:43:52 AM
Also, while we're here, what will I need to play Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2?
---
Thank you, gentlemen! Someday, I will repay you. Unless, of course, I can't find you or if I forget.
#3Aaron44126Posted 7/1/2013 10:45:16 AM(edited)
1. Classic controllers work with Brawl. (Either of them.) Most people like the Pro better but the difference is simply in their physical shape and layout.

2. You're right, you need Wii Remote (Plus or with MotionPlus addon), with a nunchuck for Skyward Sword.

And SMG needs a regular Wii Remote + Nunchuck.
#4CalciferJenkins(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 10:49:03 AM
Ah, so SMG doesn't work with a Wiimote Plus? In that case it sounds like it might be better to buy a regular Wiimote and the add-on. Thank you very much for the information.
---
#5DragonShadow12Posted 7/1/2013 10:53:17 AM
All game that use regular wiimote can use wiimote plus.
#6CalciferJenkins(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 10:54:51 AM
Great, thank you very much as well. It sounds like I'm all set to go. Thank you again.
---
#7Companion_Cube_Posted 7/1/2013 10:56:42 AM
For Skyward Sword, you can either use a Wii Remotre Plus and a Nunchuck, or a Wii Remote with a Motion Plus on it and a Nun chuck. The Latter glitches out on my a lot, but the former doesn't.