About Monolith Soft's "X"...

#21MwulfPosted 7/3/2013 8:40:21 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual_property

Final Fantasy games are all the same IP because they are all Final Fantasy games.
Dragon Quest games are all the same IP because they are all Dragon Quest games.

Xenogears is not the same IP as Xenosaga, because Xenosaga is not a Xenogears games.

Words have specific meanings, people. Learn what words mean before using them. Please.
---
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable
#22Rev0luti0nN0wPosted 7/3/2013 8:41:58 AM
manmouse posted...
FF games always have new worlds and new characters, but they're the same IP.

so even if X is its own universe, it's safe to say that it's gonna be part of the Xeno IP, and therefore an IP that has existed for 15 years so far.

i don't know why it matters anyway. people should be less interested in whether an IP is new or old, and more interested in the game itself.

That is like saying all space shooters are Halo Ips...
---
PC: 2500k, 16 gb ram, 7970, 3 tb/2tb/128 gb samsung 830/6 monitor eyefinity
PSN: Zellio2010 Xbox Live: Zellio2009 NintendoID: Zellio2013
#23ChokusetsuPosted 7/3/2013 8:46:31 AM
DeathSnipe777 posted...
manmouse posted...
m3dworld posted...
manmouse posted...

so even if X is its own universe, it's safe to say that it's gonna be part of the Xeno IP, and therefore an IP that has existed for 15 years so far.

i don't know why it matters anyway. people should be less interested in whether an IP is new or old, and more interested in the game itself.

xenoblade and xenosaga and xenogears are seperate ip's.

then Final Fantasy 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, and 15 are all separate IPs.

They might as well be. All they have in relation to each other is the name and the genre.

Until 9 that wasn't so. But then 10 came and it became clear the name was only kept for marketing purposes.
#24manmousePosted 7/3/2013 9:13:45 AM
Rev0luti0nN0w posted...
manmouse posted...

That is like saying all space shooters are Halo Ips...

not all space shooters are made by the same person.

Xenogears, Xenosaga 1-3, Xenoblade, and X are made by the same exact person, with similar themes and similar concepts and even some terms and names crossing over (and between Xenogears and the Xenosaga trilogy, some plot events intended for the unfinished Xenogears series detailed in XG: Perfect Works had 100% been transposed into Xenosaga's plot)

do you really not know that Takahashi made every Xeno game?
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b18HMqJW5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1-XWiMveY
#25NoctemsorrowPosted 7/3/2013 9:19:47 AM
Holy_Oblivion posted...
Aaron44126 posted...
The Xeno games are the same IP as much as the Final Fantasy games or Tales of ... games are. Similar elements even if the stories are (mostly) unrelated. I'm glad to see Nintendo has a good RPG series of its own now.

Pokemon is an rpg.

and Earthbound its a better one.
#26MwulfPosted 7/3/2013 10:24:59 AM
shooters are made by the same person.

Xenogears, Xenosaga 1-3, Xenoblade, and X are made by the same exact person, with similar themes and similar concepts and even some terms and names crossing over (and between Xenogears and the Xenosaga trilogy, some plot events intended for the unfinished Xenogears series detailed in XG: Perfect Works had 100% been transposed into Xeno

...That's not how it works.

See my previous post.

And don't post again until you read it. Thoroughly.
---
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable
#27CaptainRandom1Posted 7/3/2013 10:30:03 AM
Xeno games are the same series just as Final Fantasy is, and how System Shock and Bioshock are both part of the Shock series.
---
3DS FC 4253-3597-1691
#28manmousePosted 7/3/2013 10:36:50 AM
Mwulf posted...
shooters are made by the same person.

Xenogears, Xenosaga 1-3, Xenoblade, and X are made by the same exact person, with similar themes and similar concepts and even some terms and names crossing over (and between Xenogears and the Xenosaga trilogy, some plot events intended for the unfinished Xenogears series detailed in XG: Perfect Works had 100% been transposed into Xeno

...That's not how it works.

See my previous post.

And don't post again until you read it. Thoroughly.

i did read it and i can get that. but still my point was directed at the poster i quoted, who was acting like the Xeno series was as related as much as every random scifi shooter was to Halo.

even if they are not legally the same IP, they are part of a series and a continuing creative product based on the same exact themes and concepts and even reused phrases and lingo (much like FF keeps certain lingo and names between games). Xeno series is very much a related series even if they are not legally under the same IP.

but scifi shooters and Halo are completely disconnected.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b18HMqJW5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1-XWiMveY
#29retrogamer28Posted 7/3/2013 11:26:21 AM
It's a spiritual successor, just as much a sequel as that game the Silicon Knights dudes are (were?) making is a sequel to Eternal Darkness. The atmosphere and themes will probably be similar, but it's technically new IP.
---
Nintendo fans have the privilege of being able to saying a game is bad because the predecessor is better, not because the game is actually bad objectively.