Monster Hunter Ultimate still the best possible game for Wii U?

#1Bancario51Posted 7/2/2013 3:19:29 AM
... hopefully Bayo2 will change this
---
#XboxWon (not changing this till its truth)
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#2vashtrichamPosted 7/2/2013 3:20:59 AM
Pretty much until beyo 2 and x unless you like games like pikmin
---
Injustice Main: Superman, Flash
Subs : Green Lantern, Shazam
#3Otti_OpaoPosted 7/2/2013 3:40:09 AM
Its certainly the game ive had most fun with so far.
#4Phasmatis92Posted 7/2/2013 3:46:02 AM
Yes.
It'll probably be dethroned once Donkey Kong Country arrives, but for the moment it's system's top dog.
Need for Speed, Arkham City, and NSMBU are pretty good too.
---
I'm a promiscuous gamer; Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, and none of them know I'm cheating on them.
#5tonythe-s-ponyPosted 7/2/2013 3:46:55 AM
it's ok
---
I love sony
#6MwulfPosted 7/2/2013 3:53:02 AM
it's ok

This. It's mostly notable for being the best of many, many different version of MH3.

Honestly, I think the best current WiiU-only game is NSMBU, though I'm certain Pikmin 3--and really, every other first party game from here on out--will blow it out of the water.
---
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable
#7Mikeru07Posted 7/2/2013 4:55:19 AM
Mwulf posted...
it's ok

This. It's mostly notable for being the best of many, many different version of MH3.

Many, many different versions? There's MHTri, MHP3rd and MH3U. MHP3rd was only released in Korea and Japan, so we've got MH3 and MH3U, and MH3U adds double the content to MHTri, more or less.
---
Wii U: Pikmin 3, Watch_Dogs, Super Smash, Mario Kart 8, "X", Bayonetta 2
PC: Assassin's Creed IV, Titanfall, The Witcher 3, Transistor, Battlefield 4
#8MasterPokerPosted 7/2/2013 5:30:34 AM
Problem is, MH3U is just as playable on 3DS (and cheaper) as it is on Wii U. I say that while owning both versions, so that I can play with my family.

Monster health is rather low even at G-rank, so playing online removes pretty much any challenge the game has. Its best with 1-2 players, and online exists only to speed through boring parts of the game, like Jhen.
---
http://www.lostlabyrinth.com - Free, addicting rogue-based game
Ranked 1st, survived the dungeon: Xuande
#9Mikeru07Posted 7/2/2013 5:52:27 AM
MasterPoker posted...
Problem is, MH3U is just as playable on 3DS (and cheaper) as it is on Wii U. I say that while owning both versions, so that I can play with my family.

Monster health is rather low even at G-rank, so playing online removes pretty much any challenge the game has. Its best with 1-2 players, and online exists only to speed through boring parts of the game, like Jhen.

It's true that it's quite playable on the 3ds, but sometimes I worry that I'm wrecking the circle pad whenever I try to make my character turn sharply. Much cheaper to replace a ccpro than a 3ds.
---
Wii U: Pikmin 3, Watch_Dogs, Super Smash, Mario Kart 8, "X", Bayonetta 2
PC: Assassin's Creed IV, Titanfall, The Witcher 3, Transistor, Battlefield 4
#10Rasputin77Posted 7/2/2013 5:55:46 AM
IMO, yes, TC... and I barely have a need to use the gamepad while playing it. XD

The ONE aspect about this system I was most excited for, and the best possible game out for it right now doesn't even... aww, you know what? F*** it. I'll see enough pant-pooping here today... no need to coax more out.

At least not here. ;)
---
The irony of GameFAQs: http://postimg.org/image/a2yrtprql/
"Label everyone into groups to make the world easier to understand" - Your parents.