What API does this system use?

#11Pac12345Posted 7/2/2013 4:37:04 PM
Based from what the moderators and build sponsors from the project dolphin say, Nintendo has been using Open GL since the Gamecube.

I see no reason to doubt these claims since they are the ones who developed ( and continue to work on) the dolphin emulator (which is a Wii and Gamecube emulator).

Since the Wii U uses a modified Wii API (Hence the Wii U's 100% backward compatibility), it's then logical to deduct that the Wii U uses a custom Open GL API.
#12Pac12345Posted 7/2/2013 4:39:21 PM
AndrogyneTech posted...
Whether people are going to port or not, the API is still of interest to people.

For instance, the people developing games for the Wii U need to know what API they're going to be using. I would think it would be a thing of interest to people in general. Even with really old systems that ought to be a curiosity. People who develop emulators need to know what API the Sony PlayStation 1 is using, for instance.

It disappoints me how few people care about how their systems and their games work.

It is in fact a sad thing to witness. No wonder some people think the Wii U is on par with the XBOX 360.