EA Sports' Andrew Wilson on coming back to Wii U

#1Helmsly2008Posted 7/2/2013 9:30:55 AM(edited)
MCV: What needs to happen before you’re back on board with Wii U?

Andrew Wilson: I build for a userbase. I made games on Facebook because I thought people were there that wanted to play them. Then it became apparent to me that either I had the wrong game or they weren’t there. We had a strong offering on Wii U at launch. The platform hasn’t had the take-up. Our games hasn’t had the take-up we’d have liked. So at this moment we are not focused there. Now they could do a range of things that might change that situation, and we’d never count them out. And should there be a sizeable gamer base there in the future, we would build games for Wii U. But for us it’s less about building for a platform, and more about building for a group of gamers on a platform where they are. And sports gamers weren’t there.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/the-big-interview-ea-sports-andrew-wilson-on-coming-back-to-wii-u-giving-up-on-facebook-and-not-messing-up-ps4-or-xbox-one/0118027</url>
#2BeanBeanKingdomPosted 7/2/2013 9:32:58 AM
Sports gamers were there the year before, when the versions you released on Wii U actually came out.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#3NovaLevossidaPosted 7/2/2013 9:33:17 AM
Once again, EA isn't "lazy" as some people describe. EA just knows how to run a business, and they at least will give a new platform the benefit of the doubt by trying it.
---
Sig under construction.
#4SychinLegacyPosted 7/2/2013 9:33:37 AM
"We had a strong offering on Wii U at launch"

Lol is this a joke? They offered inferior versions with significant features cut and they call it a strong offering?
#5iKhanicPosted 7/2/2013 9:34:02 AM
BeanBeanKingdom posted...
Sports gamers were there the year before, when the versions you released on Wii U actually came out.

---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#6usaamahlinkPosted 7/2/2013 9:34:15 AM
Yeah, maybe they should have tried putting out some full featured games, or putting them out at the same time as their counterparts if they wanted to see that userbase. Selling half assed ports, months later than other versions has never, and will never work.
---
Currently playing: Chrono Trigger, The Last Story, Vandal Hearts, Zelda-ALttP, Xenoblade Chronicles, Age of Empires II - The Conquerors. SSB Brawl <-(always)
#7GodofLazinessPosted 7/2/2013 10:22:59 AM
Lmao wow, I swear EA is delirious. "Strong offering at launch"? Uhh what? What are you smoking EA? I want some.
---
Official Guardian Knight Slacker of Safe Haven.
Light blinds us and forces us to stumble about in ignorance - Altair
#8CaioNVPosted 7/2/2013 10:29:32 AM
GodofLaziness posted...
Lmao wow, I swear EA is delirious. "Strong offering at launch"? Uhh what? What are you smoking EA? I want some.

http://i.imgur.com/gc9o1yb.gif
---
Let's Blocking: http://i.imgur.com/NONavuG.png
#9NeoMonkPosted 7/2/2013 10:40:20 AM
PS4 and XBOX One have no user base but they're developing for it...

I love the double speak... EA is truly scum
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#10fon1988Posted 7/2/2013 10:42:41 AM
GodofLaziness posted...

Don't you remember their strong launch line up?

Mass Effect 3, instead of Mass Effect Trilogy.

Madden - not on par with other consoles.

Fifa - not on par with other consoles.

What more could gamers ask for?!
---
NNID: PoisonShroom