Reggie compares wiiu to ps2

#1ORANGE666Posted 7/2/2013 11:40:57 AM(edited)
http://m.gamerevolution.com/news/reggie-filsaime-points-to-ps2-in-defense-of-wii-u-power-20195

Reggie is delusional. Ps2 was $100 more than the game cube yet still sold despite having no good games in its early life. He claims that specs don't matter because the ps2 was weaker and still sold.

He speaks for Nintendo as a whole, they clearly have no idea how the market works.

Both wiiu and ps2 launched first in their generation and and both had a bad launch as well as being weakest in their generation if we exclude the dreamcast
But some differences

Sony has better third party support
Ps2 was weak but better tech outside power like dvd playback
Wiiu is $100 less than the competition, ps2 was $100 more than the game cube.
specs didn't matter for the ps2 as games were made for it and then ported to the xbox1 anfld games cube. No one is going to use the wiiu with its power pc architecture as the lead platform

Sony was able to sell a weaker system at a higher price because the ps2 was a cheap dvd player that also played games. For gamers even with the poor launch, developers were on board with sony unlike nintendo.

History shows weaker systems win every generation. But if you look deeper, every generation was won by games and technology such as motion controls and dvd players. Price never determined a consoles sale as long as the consumer saw value in it. The ps3 even with its high price out sold the X360 despite releasing a year later and won arguably in games available to the consumer

Wiiu had no third party support, is expensive for its tech and offers little in the way of anything new. There's nothing there that shows its in a position anywhere near the ps2
#2BuretsuPosted 7/2/2013 11:41:51 AM
This has been another episode of "Reading WAY too much into things" Theatre.

PS2 proved that the strongest console doesn't always win. So did the Wii. That's all.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#3TrueBlue91Posted 7/2/2013 11:42:14 AM
At this point, Reggie's nonsensical babble is barely more valid than anything Pachter says.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#4ChokusetsuPosted 7/2/2013 11:42:30 AM
Reggie doesn't speaks for the entire company. He always talks more than he should and outright lies about future releases.
He's the guy who will always answer 'Of course!' if you ask him if there will be a new F-Zero or Star Fox for Wii U.
#5GoombaXPosted 7/2/2013 11:43:13 AM(edited)
ORANGE666 posted...
http://m.gamerevolution.com/news/reggie-filsaime-points-to-ps2-in-defense-of-wii-u-power-20195

Reggie is delusional. Ps2 was $100 more than the game cube yet still sold despite having no good games in its early life. He claims that specs don't matter because the ps2 was weaker and still sold.

He speaks for Nintendo as a whole, they clearly have no idea how the market works.

Both wiiu and ps2 launched first in their generation and and both had a bad launch as well as being weakest in their generation if we exclude the dreamcast
But some differences

Sony has better third party support
Ps2 was weak but better tech outside power like dvd playback
Wiiu is $100 less than the competition, ps2 was $100 more than the game cube.
specs didn't matter for the ps2 as games were made for it and then ported to the xbox1 anfld games cube. No one is going to use the wiiu with its power pc architecture as the lead platform

Sony was able to sell a weaker system at a higher price because the ps2 was a cheap dvd player that also played games. For gamers even with the poor launch, developers were on board with sony unlike nintendo.

History shows weaker systems win every generation. But if you look deeper, every generation was won by games and technology such as motion controls and dvd players. Price never determined a consoles sale as long as the consumer saw value in it. The ps3 even with its high price out sold the X360 despite releasing a year later and won arguably in games available to the consumer

Wiiu had no third party support, is expensive for its tech and offers little in the way of anything new. There's nothing there that shows its in a position anywhere near the ps2

had being past tense, means the wii u in the past did not have third party support. Which is false and ruins your whole entire argument.
/thread
---
3ds FC: 1891-1175-6647 My town: Termina
Currently Playing: MvC 2, AC:NL, Last of Us, MMX Collection, Ico hd Collection
#6Lethal_BathTubPosted 7/2/2013 11:43:27 AM
The gamepad dude...

Dat second screen, is the best thing to ever happen to console gaming.

Just helps making us lazy dods even more lazy.
---
Too many things are troublesome.
Psn: Lethal_Sink - Visit my YouTube for daily videos http://www.youtube.com/user/ChaotixLegacy
#7jragon23Posted 7/2/2013 11:43:49 AM
Graphically ps2 is probably about the same as wii u
#8sonic777Posted 7/2/2013 11:45:02 AM
Chokusetsu posted...
Reggie doesn't speaks for the entire company. He always talks more than he should and outright lies about future releases.
He's the guy who will always answer 'Of course!' if you ask him if there will be a new F-Zero or Star Fox for Wii U.

Does he really?
---
<3 NINTENDO OMG
#9_FalstaffPosted 7/2/2013 11:45:52 AM
ORANGE666 posted...
The ps3 even with its high price out sold the X360 despite releasing a year later and won arguably in games available to the consumer

That's not being entirely truthful. It recently passed the 360 in sales, but for the first couple years, it struggled. The $600 price point nearly killed it on arrival.
---
9 days to go, and I'm out of here.
#10Banjo2553Posted 7/2/2013 11:46:10 AM
Lethal_BathTub posted...
The gamepad dude...

Dat second screen, is the best thing to ever happen to console gaming.

Just helps making us lazy dods even more lazy.

I'd probably have to say this. And if you say it's not as influential as motion controls or whatever, why are Microsoft and Sony adopting similar features with their new systems?
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz