RaRitsujun posted...
Reggie's trying too hard. Pitiful.

Don't be jelly, you try hard too.
---
Sweet
#92EndgamePosted 7/2/2013 5:12:09 PM
Wiiu is $50 less than the competition

fixed

sure is convenient for the basic model to exist to try to make Wii U sound like a better deal than PS4, even though you've all been ignoring it for so long that some retailers have stopped carrying them altogether because no one is buying them, isn't it Nintendo fanboys?
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#93Bellum_SacrumPosted 7/2/2013 5:12:51 PM
Reggie showing his face in public and making statements is Nintendo's second worst mistake, after co-developing the Playstation.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#94geneticsftwPosted 7/2/2013 5:17:34 PM
Endgame posted...
Wiiu is $110 less than the competition

fixed

sure is convenient for the basic model to exist to try to make Wii U sound like a better deal than PS4, even though you've all been ignoring it for so long that some retailers have stopped carrying them altogether because no one is buying them, isn't it Nintendo fanboys?

Repaired.
---
Sweet
#95NintendologicalPosted 7/2/2013 5:42:08 PM
Marcster1994 posted...
PS1 was weaker, sold more
PS2 was weaker, sold more
Wii was weaker, sold more
3DS was weaker, eventually sold more

Not saying it might apply to the Wii U, but is an interesting pattern.

That is factually erroneous. The Playstation is more powerful than the Sega Saturn when it came to 3D rendering, but inferior when it came to sprite rendering. So there were trade-offs between the two. Both platforms were on the market for over a year before the Nintendo 64 launched, so it isn't as if the Playstation started out as the weakest, it became somewhat so the weakest after better hardware launched nearly two years later.

The 3DS launched a full year before the Playstation Vita. At the time of the 3DS launch, it was the most powerful handheld on the market. So again, i became the weakest, it didn't start that way. Now the Wii U is already behind because at launch, it is not the most powerful platform on the market. So yes, it has started offas the weakest.
---
"it detected itself as malware and deleted its own entire existence." - Benjamin_Button
#96Golden MavenPosted 7/2/2013 5:48:26 PM
geneticsftw posted...
Take away the gimmicky bluray ability

geneticsftw posted...
Vinyl is not gimmicky

geneticsftw posted...
Auto flip, noob.

geneticsftw posted...
Sony gimmicky before Nintendo, confirmed.

geneticsftw posted...
Don't be jelly, you try hard too.

A "best of" compilation. All gems. geneticsftw brings great joy to the world.
#97geneticsftwPosted 7/2/2013 6:14:52 PM
I love it when when my little ponies quote me!
---
Sweet
#98ORANGE666(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2013 10:14:39 AM
Treize Knight posted...
This is why Iwata hates the game media and the idiots who soak up what they say.

CONTEXT: Reggie was pointing out that the PS2 and Wii were. the weakest consoles of their generation and won them because they had the best games.

Have you looked up early ps2 software sales? They weren't that good.

Like I've stated several times, wiiu does not compare to the ps2. Ps2 was more expensive than the competition, cheaper than other dvd players on the market and had third party backing.

The wiiu is cheaper, but consumers don't find the price is justified, Nintendo doesn't have third party backing and no gimmicks to help sell the console.

It's in the same position the Gamecube was which is a much much better comparison to the wiiu. Cheaper than the competition, no gimmicks, terrible third party support, power not mattering Because of not being lead development console and relying solely on the fact that first party games will sell the console.

How is the ps2 as better comparison than the Gamecube? Most people thought the ps2 was more powerful because third party design didn't put effort into xbox and gc games. Just like the wiiu.