If Super Mario 3D World isn't the next step for 3D Mario games, what is?

#31Mandrew257Posted 7/2/2013 8:28:31 PM
Voelger posted...
Mario universe!- a mix of galaxy, and 3d world

Mario lost in time- the worlds are historically themed

Super Mario Movies- movie themed levels

Sky Mario- airships flying over oceans, mountains, and jungles

A Mario Bros tale!- a fantasy setting like fables

Mario Island- an open world island via Farcry or GTA- no levels all open world

Mario Adventure- an actual zeldaish world and story with Mario as the head. Lots of platforming and less equipment

Genius.
---
Do you like butter, cause here comes the TOAST! (Punch)
#32BissomoneybagsPosted 7/2/2013 8:30:38 PM
Super Mario 128...everyone wanted this game for years, and Nintendo knows they're sitting on a cash cow right now. And no, Super Mario Galaxy doesn't count as it...
#33originalhipsterPosted 7/2/2013 8:34:39 PM
Voelger posted...
Mario universe!- a mix of galaxy, and 3d world

Mario lost in time- the worlds are historically themed

Super Mario Movies- movie themed levels

Sky Mario- airships flying over oceans, mountains, and jungles

A Mario Bros tale!- a fantasy setting like fables

Mario Island- an open world island via Farcry or GTA- no levels all open world

Mario Adventure- an actual zeldaish world and story with Mario as the head. Lots of platforming and less equipment

Congrats. You have more creativity than the Nintendo of today.
---
I was a hipster way before it was cool.
#34GamersTavernPosted 7/2/2013 9:06:24 PM
Hasn't anyone here ever played Mario's Time Machine?
---
Main Site: http://www.gamers-tavern.com/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/GamersTavernShow
#35ItsKaljinyuTime(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2013 9:08:24 PM
Those ideas are creative, but maybe there's a reason Nintendo isn't doing those ideas. Maybe they'd be too contrived, or too similar to what they already have. Or wouldn't bring enough variance between levels.

Like the airship idea. Bowser already has airships. Would the game be full of nothing but airship levels? Is that what we want?
---
Kaljinyu
#36SlimeSwayzePosted 7/2/2013 9:16:35 PM
Well, I was hoping for a large, open world style of game were the "levels" basically connect seamlessly. Kind of like how the Dark Souls world is filled with a bunch of visually distinct areas that are all interconnected, but instead of Dark Souls gameplay it would be more about platforming, looking for secret stars, and bouncing on bad guys. There could be lots of hidden warp pipes to get around, and obviously there would be lots of green pipes that would lead to smaller mini-levels with more of a platforming focus.

And that's just one idea. There are dozens of things they could have done outside of choosing to cut costs by using the basic gameplay and visual assets of the most recent 3DS game.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#37darkqueenhelbaPosted 7/2/2013 9:20:18 PM
No one knows. Just amateur opinions thrown around. As if the fools here that give their comments could ever hope to contribute in any real way.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#38Fou LuPosted 7/2/2013 9:23:07 PM
There was nothing wrong with the 3D World/Land games, they were better than the "New" ones and far better than Sunshine or Galaxy could ever hope to be.
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#39SlimeSwayzePosted 7/2/2013 9:25:03 PM
darkqueenhelba posted...
No one knows. Just amateur opinions thrown around. As if the fools here that give their comments could ever hope to contribute in any real way.

That's funny. Do you think game designers are grown in little tubes? Well, I assure you that most good game designers grew up playing games and discussing them on forums like these. I'm sure there are more than a few young people in this forum who will somehow be involved in the game industry in the future, and I'll bet some of them will even be involved with games that just might be more fun and creative than much of what Nintendo has been putting out lately. Not everyone has given up on themselves. Have you?
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#40scoobydoobydontPosted 7/2/2013 9:30:42 PM
I want SM64 pt 2 in HD. I don't care about innovation or the "next step" or anything like that. Also, no multiplayer.
---
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png