Would you want a new Metroid game if...

#11Jacob46719Posted 7/2/2013 9:42:46 PM
Voelger posted...
It had a 2D prequel ala Super Metroid, only think more modern like shadow complex for 19.98 via eshop.

Than 6 months later the full game is released- completely new theme - not prime, but still FPA.

no, no, YES.
---
Backlog of games: Too many unfinished games.
#12IAmCaptPlanetPosted 7/2/2013 10:22:55 PM
what he means is something similar to what they are doing with Batman Arkham Origins and Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate. origins is like Arkham Asylam/City, while Blackgate is like a Castlevania 2D metroid (and yes Shadow Complex and possible (i havent played this one but i want to) Guacamelee)) and it is a prequel (i think) to it's console counterpart, but completely unneeded for the player to enjoy the console game. I am personally looking forward to Blackgate more than AO, just cause i've been needing some good Castleroids lately
---
THE POWER IS YOURS!
#13dante2k5Posted 7/2/2013 10:34:28 PM
Would I want a new 2D Metroid with HD visuals, followed up by a new console Metroid game? Uh... yeah?

Why would any Metroid fan NOT want that? I don't think the 2D game would be digital, what with the 3DS being such an obvious platform option, but whatever... I'd take new Metroid games, period.
#14Jack_the_monke7Posted 7/2/2013 11:39:31 PM
IAmCaptPlanet posted...
what he means is something similar to what they are doing with Batman Arkham Origins and Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate. origins is like Arkham Asylam/City, while Blackgate is like a Castlevania 2D metroid (and yes Shadow Complex and possible (i havent played this one but i want to) Guacamelee)) and it is a prequel (i think) to it's console counterpart, but completely unneeded for the player to enjoy the console game. I am personally looking forward to Blackgate more than AO, just cause i've been needing some good Castleroids lately

I believe its the other way around; I think Blackgate takes place after Origins.

On topic, eh. I would love the sidescrolling game, but I have 0 interest in a FPA.
---
King Boo for Super Smash Bros.
Spread the word, show your support
#15IAmCaptPlanetPosted 7/3/2013 10:28:08 PM
that is right, it links Origins to Asylum. but it's the same idea, full fledged 3d console game and a 2d castleroid spinoff.

it would be awesome though
---
THE POWER IS YOURS!
#16IcedEarthaholicPosted 7/3/2013 10:30:12 PM
Totally, better yet, what would kick ass is say if you preordered this FPA, you get the digital 2-D Metroid for free with a code from a retailer like Gamestop.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#17Boomerang78Posted 7/3/2013 11:13:05 PM
Voelger posted...
It had a 2D prequel ala Super Metroid, only think more modern like shadow complex for 19.98 via eshop.

Than 6 months later the full game is released- completely new theme - not prime, but still FPA.

Umm... YES. Whoever says no has terrible taste. A new 2D Metroid with 3D HD visuals is what I want from Nintendo more than anything.
---
http://i.imgur.com/yD9N0.gif
#18Jacob46719Posted 7/4/2013 11:52:14 AM
Boomerang78 posted...
Voelger posted...

Umm... YES. Whoever says no has terrible taste. A new 2D Metroid with 3D HD visuals is what I want from Nintendo more than anything.

You want New Super Metroid Bros. U?
---
Backlog of games: Too many unfinished games.
#19ZBug_Posted 7/5/2013 6:51:45 PM(edited)
A Metroid game that does the whole "2.5D" Landscape Like Shadow Complex? HELL YES!
I played that game like 4 times in a row when I first got it.
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067 (PM me so I can add you back)
#20ZBug_Posted 7/5/2013 6:57:18 PM
Jacob46719 posted...
Boomerang78 posted...
Voelger posted...

You want New Super Metroid Bros. U?

Not the same. Seriously look up Shadow Complex. That game was very much like a Metroid game, complete with weapon upgrades, suit upgrades, gadgets, health and ammo upgrades scattered around the game in hidden areas, and the game was great because of it. You move on a 2D metroidvania-esque map, but you can shoot into the background. Shadow Complex is what Other M should have been. And that's coming from a longtime Metroid Fan
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067 (PM me so I can add you back)