Will Nintendo launch a Pikmin 3 demo?

#1fissionprimerPosted 7/2/2013 8:43:15 PM
They haven't said anything about it yet.

Are they really that confident that the game will sell well?
---
I'm handsome too ;)
#2YamiYugi4400Posted 7/2/2013 8:46:15 PM
fissionprimer posted...
They haven't said anything about it yet.

Are they really that confident that the game will sell well?

They should, that's one of the reasons for a console with actual space, but its nintendo, so 2 steps back
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#3Mandrew257Posted 7/2/2013 8:54:55 PM
Most likely not. They dont usually do demos with their big titles for some reason.
---
Do you like butter, cause here comes the TOAST! (Punch)
#4LordBowserPosted 7/2/2013 9:23:16 PM
Has Nintendo ever launched a demo, ever? I can't remember them doing one, no idea why they would start now. Their mainstream games generally don't need one. If you buy a mainsteam Nintendo game, you can rest assured that it will be amazing and well worth the money, except on rare exception (and you can generally tell when those rare exceptions will be from game design and concept). This is not one of those exceptions.

Check some movies on Pikmin and/or Pikmin 2. If it looks even slightly interesting, buy the game and you'll love it. If you hate it with every fiber of your being, skip it and move on.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#5YamiYugi4400Posted 7/2/2013 9:30:57 PM
LordBowser posted...
Has Nintendo ever launched a demo, ever? I can't remember them doing one, no idea why they would start now. Their mainstream games generally don't need one. If you buy a mainsteam Nintendo game, you can rest assured that it will be amazing and well worth the money, except on rare exception (and you can generally tell when those rare exceptions will be from game design and concept). This is not one of those exceptions.

Check some movies on Pikmin and/or Pikmin 2. If it looks even slightly interesting, buy the game and you'll love it. If you hate it with every fiber of your being, skip it and move on.

SS had demos in stores

Wind Waker had a demo
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#6LordBowserPosted 7/2/2013 9:36:44 PM
YamiYugi4400 posted...
LordBowser posted...

SS had demos in stores

Wind Waker had a demo

Sorry I assumed you meant downloadable demos. In store demos is another story, those are not quite as uncommon. There's not a lot of people who drive down to stores to try out a new game that I know of, but I'm sure they exist. It's not something I find myself doing however.

Now to be fair there have been a few demos in special areas. For instance, Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition or whatever it was for the GC, which was commonly given away for free, had a demo for Wind Waker (the same areas they have for WW HD if I am not mistaken).
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#7YamiYugi4400Posted 7/2/2013 9:46:10 PM
LordBowser posted...
YamiYugi4400 posted...
LordBowser posted...

SS had demos in stores

Wind Waker had a demo

Sorry I assumed you meant downloadable demos. In store demos is another story, those are not quite as uncommon. There's not a lot of people who drive down to stores to try out a new game that I know of, but I'm sure they exist. It's not something I find myself doing however.

Now to be fair there have been a few demos in special areas. For instance, Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition or whatever it was for the GC, which was commonly given away for free, had a demo for Wind Waker (the same areas they have for WW HD if I am not mistaken).

There haven't been many downloadable demos because the Wii U was the only Nintendo console really equipped for them. The Wii had too small of a harddrive space so all it could really handle was Wiiware demos. Nintendo is extremely new with the whole downloadable demo thing. One of the things they should start doing is Demos for their retail games.
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!