Would anyone like Nintendo to remake Metroid, Super Metroid, and Fusion?

#1GoombaXPosted 7/2/2013 10:36:23 PM
With Metroid prime style?
---
3ds FC: 1891-1175-6647 My town: Termina
Currently Playing: MvC 2, AC:NL, Last of Us, MMX Collection, Ico hd Collection
#2RyuVegasPosted 7/2/2013 10:38:58 PM
.... maybe? But the reason those games are so good is because they are DESIGNED for the 2D sidescrolling way. You would lose a lot of the challenge and sense of accomplishment they have if you just turned them straight 3D. They have very clever level design because they are in 2D.

Can we just remake them as 1080p sprite games like Bloodrayne: Betrayal and Shank and its ilk please? >_>
---
http://backloggery.com/ryuvega NP: NarutoStorm3, DKCR3D, LoZOracles
'I've seen Ryu on the MtG board so he's already cooler than most of you.' ~ XImperialDragon
#3GoombaX(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2013 10:40:17 PM
RyuVegas posted...
.... maybe? But the reason those games are so good is because they are DESIGNED for the 2D sidescrolling way. You would lose a lot of the challenge and sense of accomplishment they have if you just turned them straight 3D. They have very clever level design because they are in 2D.

Can we just remake them as 1080p sprite games like Bloodrayne: Betrayal and Shank and its ilk please? >_>

I wouldn't mind that either. I love how Street fighter 2 hd remake looks, among the other HD remakes of capcom 2d games
---
#4Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 7/2/2013 10:40:24 PM
Not really Id rather nintendo finally work on there other amazing fun ip's like star fox f-zero wave race 1080 snowboarding just to name a few they have so many but all we ever seem to get now is mario zelda or donkey kong.
---
My 5 Favorite Games of all time are 1) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. 2) Phantasy Star Online EP 1&2. 3) Star Ocean Till The End Of Time. 4) MGS 2 PS2. 5) FF 9
#5GoombaX(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2013 10:43:02 PM
Xx5ILLYR4BBITxX posted...
Not really Id rather nintendo finally work on there other amazing fun ip's like star fox f-zero wave race 1080 snowboarding just to name a few they have so many but all we ever seem to get now is mario zelda or donkey kong.

Give them a break. Donkey Kong Country deserves the attention its getting. Metroid and Starfox have gotten way more love then DKC in these last 2 gens
---
#6LordBowserPosted 7/2/2013 10:45:57 PM(edited)
This is one topic I am going to have to disagree with you on, Goomba.

Metroid was already remade into a fantastic game called Metroid: Zero Mission.

Super Metroid is perfect as is. Remaking it would be doing it wrong.

Fusion shouldn't really be remade either, especially after Metroid Other M, which was everything but doing that.

I'd rather have new stories with Prime gameplay.

I would like a Metroid: Zero Mission esque remake of Metroid 2 though. That game is severely underrated, but it bridged the gap between Metroid (which has aged terribly) with Super Metroid (which in my opinion, has not aged at all).
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#7cucumberkingPosted 7/2/2013 10:45:48 PM
I'd rather they give the, in my opinion, boring and archaic Metroid series an overdue break.
---
Youtube: MilkmanYeti PSN Milkmanyeti or ThePantsCougar NintendoID: Milkmanyeti
#8GoombaX(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2013 10:46:05 PM
LordBowser posted...
This is one topic I am going to have to disagree with you on, Goomba.

Metroid was already remade into a fantastic game called Metroid: Zero Mission.

Super Metroid is perfect as is. Remaking it would be doing it wrong.

Fusion shouldn't really be remade either, especially after Metroid Other M, which was everything but doing that.

I'd rather have new stories with Prime gameplay.

Well doesnt have to be Prime style gameplay either. Would be cool just to have redone HD sprties
something like this
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/197/4/d/metroid_fusion_final_boss_gba_by_billysan291-d3u6e46.jpg
---
#9LordBowserPosted 7/2/2013 10:47:40 PM
cucumberking posted...
I'd rather they give the, in my opinion, boring and archaic Metroid series an overdue break.

They already have, more than once. The wait between Fusion/Prime and Super Metroid was awful. It's been forever since we had a decent Metroid game as it is right now (since Other M was pretty awful in my opinion).
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#10CaptainRandom1Posted 7/2/2013 10:47:48 PM
I would like Super Metroid to be madde on Zero Mission's engine.
---
3DS FC 4253-3597-1691