Would anyone like Nintendo to remake Metroid, Super Metroid, and Fusion?

#21Boomerang78Posted 7/4/2013 1:17:36 AM
Shadow-Angel posted...
Boomerang78 posted...
LordBowser posted...
Super Metroid is perfect as is. Remaking it would be doing it wrong.

As much as Super Metroid is my one of my favourite games, I think a remake would do it some good; updated visuals and a better control scheme (the original kinda stank) would be amazing.

Well, Super Metroid has customizable controls.

...so...? It needs more than customizable controls to have a good control scheme. You're forced to contort your hand to run, jump and shoot at the same time by pressing three face buttons no matter what, unless you relegate the run button to the L or R button, blocking you from aiming in one direction diagonally. For example, if I wanted to place the run button on R, I can't reassign R's original function because the aiming buttons are restricted to L and R.

Furthermore, the way to select missiles was annoying and clunky compared to Fusion and Zero Mission.

Other nitpicks:

- The Space Jump is finicky and tricky compared to the future games. Waiting too long to jump will cancel the Space Jump for some reason.
- Controlling and aiming the Shine Spark is annoying; the window to do one and aim in the correct direction is very small and leads to mistakes.

I mean, hell, there's even a mod out there made for the sole purpose of fixing Super Metroid's controls. Don't get me wrong, it's one of my all-time favourites, but there are things wrong with it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/yD9N0.gif
#22LordBowserPosted 7/6/2013 7:34:55 AM
Boomerang78 posted...
Shadow-Angel posted...
Boomerang78 posted...
LordBowser posted...

As much as Super Metroid is my one of my favourite games, I think a remake would do it some good; updated visuals and a better control scheme (the original kinda stank) would be amazing.

Well, Super Metroid has customizable controls.

...so...? It needs more than customizable controls to have a good control scheme. You're forced to contort your hand to run, jump and shoot at the same time by pressing three face buttons no matter what, unless you relegate the run button to the L or R button, blocking you from aiming in one direction diagonally. For example, if I wanted to place the run button on R, I can't reassign R's original function because the aiming buttons are restricted to L and R.

Furthermore, the way to select missiles was annoying and clunky compared to Fusion and Zero Mission.

Other nitpicks:

- The Space Jump is finicky and tricky compared to the future games. Waiting too long to jump will cancel the Space Jump for some reason.
- Controlling and aiming the Shine Spark is annoying; the window to do one and aim in the correct direction is very small and leads to mistakes.

I mean, hell, there's even a mod out there made for the sole purpose of fixing Super Metroid's controls. Don't get me wrong, it's one of my all-time favourites, but there are things wrong with it.

The Wii U version fixes that problem -- given that you can customize the Wii U controls AND the Super Metroid controls, and there are two sets of triggers.

I am not sure what you mean by Shine Spark unless it's the one where you run, stop, then do the charge into things. It's supposed to be challenging given that it's an extremely advanced technique. It's never impossible to do, however.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#23Luigi4PresidentPosted 7/6/2013 9:01:07 AM
Remake Metroid, but not in 3D. Make it with HD, better controls, and update it so it isn't a workload to beat
---
Everytime I find the key to success, somebody changes the locks.
#24Ghost-inZeShellPosted 7/6/2013 9:12:32 AM
Absolutely.

Shut up and take my money!
---
What is red, blue yellow, purple, white, pink, rock, and can fly?
#25Nerreltron9000Posted 7/6/2013 10:32:20 PM
LordBowser posted...

I'd be really worried that a remake would just **** the game up, because there's nothing there to improve. The game could only go downhill or at best end up equally good.

I wouldn't mind a 3D classics version, though.
#26slymshadyPosted 7/6/2013 11:20:00 PM
No, make it 2d with updated visuals like other m. Keep it a far awar from prime as possible
#27NovaLevossidaPosted 7/7/2013 12:44:07 AM
GoombaX posted...
LordBowser posted...
This is one topic I am going to have to disagree with you on, Goomba.

Metroid was already remade into a fantastic game called Metroid: Zero Mission.

Fusion shouldn't really be remade either, especially after Metroid Other M, which was everything but doing that.

I'd rather have new stories with Prime gameplay.

Well doesnt have to be Prime style gameplay either. Would be cool just to have redone HD sprties
something like this
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/197/4/d/metroid_fusion_final_boss_gba_by_billysan291-d3u6e46.jpg

http://geekologie.com/2013/03/time-lapse-of-16-bit-metroid-mother-brai.php

While I don't feel that Super Metroid necessarily needs a remake, something like this here doesn't really hinder the gameplay while being a nice facelift.
---
Sig under construction.