Index civil rehabilitation application, the main creditor found

#11HayashiTakaraPosted 7/6/2013 12:03:02 AM
Dustof_DryBones posted...
Can someone explain to me what this means? I don't think I fully understand.

It's basically listing off the people who helped the company get back on it's feet, and Nintendo is one of the major contributors.
#12HayashiTakaraPosted 7/6/2013 7:47:17 AM
*bump* this needs to be seen by Atlus and Nintendo fans.
#13SalsaSavantPosted 7/6/2013 8:05:34 AM
So, it's likely to be one of these?
Well, Sega would be the best for everyone, but...
Nintendo has quite an interest in it, given all the support they've been getting.

But I'd be happy with any of these EXCPET Gree. Gree is a horrible company.
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound is coming to the US.
#141shadetail1Posted 7/6/2013 8:13:32 AM

Index is the company that, for all practical purposes, owns Atlus games. Index recently went bankrupt (I think; maybe they haven't actually gone bankrupt yet and are just heading that way), which may put Atlus up for grabs if someone else wants to buy them. TC's list of creditors are the companies to whom Index owes money. It's possible that, as part of the debt settlement, ownership of Atlus will be transferred to one of those creditors. Since Nintendo is near the top of the "Index owes them money" list, people are hoping this means Nintendo will come into ownership of Atlus.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#15MwulfPosted 7/6/2013 8:57:34 AM
For all practical purposes, Index is Atlus.
---
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable
#16White_Knight13Posted 7/6/2013 12:01:46 PM
HayashiTakara posted...

It's basically listing off the people who helped the company get back on it's feet, and Nintendo is one of the major contributors.

Yeah, no. This is completely incorrect.

It's listing who Index owes money to. Not who helped them get back on their feet.

It's basically saying Index needs to find a "sponsor" to cover these loans in four months or their bankruptcy will be complete and the company will be shutdown.