Where can Zelda Wii U go story-wise?

#1Freakzilla5Posted 7/3/2013 5:16:06 AM
/topic
#2cybersonic233Posted 7/3/2013 5:18:33 AM
I reckon down the Child timeline given its been a while since it got a new entry
#3NovaLevossidaPosted 7/3/2013 5:19:15 AM
Into the ground? I kid.

I guess the nice thing for Nintendo with the Zelda franchise is that they can keep on reusing the same story, akin to Bowser kidnapping the princess over and over, and it will sell. Or they can go with something off the wall and it will sell. To me, it's not where they go, but how well they get there.
---
Sig under construction.
#4Oni_TaedoPosted 7/3/2013 5:24:45 AM
A reboot?
Seriously. No other series is as convoluted as Zelda (maybe Resident Evil), Zelda could benefit greatly from a reboot that sticks as close to the series' roots as possible, while still trying to be new and different as much as possible.

I'd like a Western developer's take on it. No, not Ninja Theory. Maybe Retro. Miyamoto said he wouldn't mind them doing a Zelda game, so why not let them do one? They've never made a bad game, yet, so I don't see the harm.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
#5SmoshCuchPosted 7/3/2013 5:40:55 AM
Without a speaking Link, nowhere. I don't think I've ever played a game with a silent protagonist that actually had a story I cared about.
#6hiphops_saviorPosted 7/3/2013 5:46:52 AM
SmoshCuch posted...
Without a speaking Link, nowhere. I don't think I've ever played a game with a silent protagonist that actually had a story I cared about.

Not even Half-Life?
#7lostinhellviewPosted 7/3/2013 5:50:40 AM
*spoilers*

The master sword should shatter and release Demise. We should see the hero of time, and Majora would be cool
#8WildsparkPosted 7/3/2013 5:53:18 AM
Link should team up with Ganondorf to take on a person who's threatening to destroy the entire world (not just hyrule). And they should introduce new lands and make link stronger.
---
PSN: TheWildspark
#9PSI_IKEPosted 7/3/2013 6:14:21 AM
SmoshCuch posted...

Play better games?
---
Now listen to the bell, with my face flashing crimson from the fires of hell...
So what are you afraid of, and what are you made of?
#10Cloud75xPosted 7/3/2013 6:43:07 AM
- revive ganon/ganondorf
- kidnap Zelda and lock her in a crystal
- give link a companion

you know... the standard rinse 'n repeat's.
---
"That which does not become part of the one, shall become one with the void."