Where can Zelda Wii U go story-wise?

#11selfdeztructionPosted 7/3/2013 7:12:39 AM(edited)
The Sages could become vulnerable while lowering their defenses because they have to lend Link their powers in a fight against Ganon and they could become corrupted by the evil that is released by Ganon when he is defeated by Link and Link would have to try and purge the evil from them.

There could be a time, temporal or dimensional rift that is caused by Ganon and Link has to rectify them and stabilize everything.

The source of Ganon's evil could be discovered upon his defeat but it is too late and it already has a new form and has amassed a great army and has caused alot of destruction before their presence is known.
---
XBL/PSN (PS3&vita)/Wii-U/Skype-selfdeztruction
Wii FC(HaVoK) 6605 3315 8599 4345 3DSXL FC(HaVoK) 3780 9281 5652 I'm no fanboy,I'm a dirty whore.OKC gamer
#12Darth GeckoPosted 7/3/2013 7:17:33 AM
Ganondorf gets killed by Link.

Gandondorf reincarnates as a Gerudo male baby.

15 years later, the young Gerudo trains in the desert, plotting to overthrow Hylian domination.

Final Boss: Old Link
---
San Francisco Giants 2012 World Champions
http://darth-gecko.dvdaf.com/owned
#13Nostalgia_3Posted 7/3/2013 7:21:36 AM
They can do pretty much whatever they want to do. Yes, the current end of all three timelines has a dead Ganondorf, but Ganondorf can and has been resurrected before, so I really don't see how some kind of extended timeskip isn't an option.

Or make a story about the original sealing of Malladus. Or Vaati's resurrection in either the Adult or Downfall timelines. Or some entirely new evil.
#14selfdeztructionPosted 7/3/2013 7:24:05 AM
Darth Gecko posted...
Ganondorf gets killed by Link.

Gandondorf reincarnates as a Gerudo male baby.

15 years later, the young Gerudo trains in the desert, plotting to overthrow Hylian domination.

Final Boss: Old Link

or make it M rated and have it sad by making it Dry Link.
---
XBL/PSN (PS3&vita)/Wii-U/Skype-selfdeztruction
Wii FC(HaVoK) 6605 3315 8599 4345 3DSXL FC(HaVoK) 3780 9281 5652 I'm no fanboy,I'm a dirty whore.OKC gamer
#15LordBowserPosted 7/3/2013 8:26:50 AM
Anywhere.

But personally, I'd love to see the 'hero's defeat' timeline tied into the timeline, as canonically, the hero can't be both defeated and saved (without more time traveling).
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#16Ghost-inZeShellPosted 7/3/2013 8:28:32 AM
Legend of Zelda...

IDK, maybe actually giving Zelda the spotlight for a change?
---
What is red, blue yellow, purple, white, pink, rock, and can fly?
#17ChokusetsuPosted 7/3/2013 8:34:26 AM
Anywhere.
They don't care that much for the timeline. Only the fans do.
#18IokuaPosted 7/3/2013 8:36:51 AM
Anywhere. The Zelda franchise "connections" are tenuous at best and quite frankly the "timeline" is absolute bull**** that was clearly made up on the spot. If I had to choose somewhere on the timeline where I'd like to see it wind up, I'd like to see a sequel to Wind Waker. Not that Spirit Tracks of Phantom Hourglass crap, I mean a sequel where Ganondorf escapes from the Great Sea and terrorizes New Hyrule.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#19BeanBeanKingdomPosted 7/3/2013 8:41:17 AM
Set it after Zelda II. Make it star the same Link from Zelda I and II but a lot older (full-fledged adult) who keeps fighting the remaining followers of Ganon endlessly. Have him adopt a kid who looks somewhat like him when he was young. At midgame, have a climatic battle where adult Link is killed and his blood used to finally resurrect Ganon. The kid rises to the challenge and succeeds adult Link for the rest of the game, ultimately defeating Ganon and taking his rightful place as the new hero.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#20LordBowserPosted 7/3/2013 8:42:23 AM
Nintendo also referenced the possibility of multiplayer. If they did this without resorting to four swords-style multiplayer, I'd love it.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!