Shouldn't we be getting 5 Player Multiplayer Nintendo Games?

#11T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 7/3/2013 8:16:30 AM
InfamouslyNyce posted...
T3H_1337_N1NJ4 posted...
To be fair, Sonic Racing Transformed did not do it. Sure you can play it like that, but the frame rate gets so bad it's simply unplayable. I never managed to play that game with more than 2 players.

That doesn't mean it didn't do it. God, I hate when people say things like this. It's been done, unplayable or not, the mechanic is in the game.

It's like when people say the WindWaker Triforce search is broken. ITS NOT. YOU CAN COMPLETE IT and continue with the game.

Well, since the purpose of a game is playing it, if I cannot play it, I don't really care if it's already been implemented.

But ok, I'll rephrase the sentence to: "To be fair, Sonic Racing didn't do it in a playable way.".
---
To err is human, but to really screw things up you need a computer!
http://userstyles.org/styles/88555/gamefaqs-v13-revamp V13 Userstyle for a better site look
#12OpShaftPosted 7/3/2013 8:27:50 AM
Quote:InfamouslyNyce posted...
T3H_1337_N1NJ4 posted...
To be fair, Sonic Racing Transformed did not do it. Sure you can play it like that, but the frame rate gets so bad it's simply unplayable. I never managed to play that game with more than 2 players.

That doesn't mean it didn't do it. God, I hate when people say things like this. It's been done, unplayable or not, the mechanic is in the game.

It's like when people say the WindWaker Triforce search is broken. ITS NOT. YOU CAN COMPLETE IT and continue with the game.

Well, since the purpose of a game is playing it, if I cannot play it, I don't really care if it's already been implemented.

But ok, I'll rephrase the sentence to: "To be fair, Sonic Racing didn't do it in a playable way.".

@T3H_1337_N1NJ4

But what you guys forget is that it was played. Therefore it's playable. If its able to be played, it's playable. That's basically exactly what it means. Literally.
---
Disregard females, acquire currency.
#13T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 7/3/2013 8:32:19 AM(edited)
OpShaft posted...
T3H_1337_N1NJ4 posted...

@T3H_1337_N1NJ4

But what you guys forget is that it was played. Therefore it's playable. If its able to be played, it's playable. That's basically exactly what it means. Literally.

Yes, I played it for one race until I quit because the frame rate sucked too much. Therefore, it's playable.
---
http://userstyles.org/styles/88555/gamefaqs-v13-revamp V13 Userstyle for a better site look
#14OpShaftPosted 7/3/2013 8:33:56 AM
Quote:OpShaft posted...
T3H_1337_N1NJ4 posted...

@T3H_1337_N1NJ4

Yes, I played it for one race until I quit because the frame rate sucked too much. Therefore, it's playable.

@T3H_1337_N1NJ4

Well, I was referring to the other testimonials about it being playable. But if you admit it, that's easier!

Thank you.
---
#15T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 7/3/2013 8:35:32 AM
OpShaft posted...
T3H_1337_N1NJ4 posted...

@T3H_1337_N1NJ4

@T3H_1337_N1NJ4

Well, I was referring to the other testimonials about it being playable. But if you admit it, that's easier!

Thank you.

Always glad to help. If you've got any more redundant points you wish proven you can come to me again.
---
#16OpShaftPosted 7/3/2013 8:36:33 AM
T3H_1337_N1NJ4 posted...

@T3H_1337_N1NJ4

@T3H_1337_N1NJ4

Thank you.

Always glad to help. If you've got any more redundant points you wish proven you can come to me again.

@T3H_1337_N1NJ4

I'll keep this in mind, my good man.
---
#17The_HyphenatorPosted 7/3/2013 8:39:58 AM
Jack_the_monke7 posted...
T3H_1337_N1NJ4 posted...

I always play that game with a big group of people and never once has any of us ever noticed any drop in frame rate.

Agreed. I'm pretty sensitive to drops in framerate below 30 FPS, and I've never noticed any in local SRT multiplayer, even with a full load.

There were a few bugs in the game that would cause the game to freeze when playing certain tracks on multiplayer, but those have since been patched. NINJA (sorry, I refuse to re-type all that l33tspeak), you might try the multiplayer again and see how it does. It's possible the issues you were having have already been resolved with the last round of patches.
#18T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 7/3/2013 8:45:58 AM
The_Hyphenator posted...
Agreed. I'm pretty sensitive to drops in framerate below 30 FPS, and I've never noticed any in local SRT multiplayer, even with a full load.

There were a few bugs in the game that would cause the game to freeze when playing certain tracks on multiplayer, but those have since been patched. NINJA (sorry, I refuse to re-type all that l33tspeak), you might try the multiplayer again and see how it does. It's possible the issues you were having have already been resolved with the last round of patches.

My nick IS troublesome to write, so fair enough. I find it highly unlikely that they fixed it, but since I'm not one to talk without proof I'll check it and get back to you. Last time I played even in single player the game kept dropping below 30. 5 player was just a mess.
---
#19T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 7/3/2013 9:18:14 AM(edited)
Just checked it. It's still a mess. You're not "sensitive" at all. The game runs at a constant 25FPS +/- on the simplest tracks. When I tried a more complicated one (Skies of Arcadia for example) it went to around 20 or less.

To just make one thing clear, I'm not complaining about FPS "drops" it just runs constantly at a crap frame rate.
---
#20Jacob46719Posted 7/3/2013 9:33:46 AM
Terotrous posted...
6 player local multi.

---
Backlog of games: Too many unfinished games.