Seeing the bad critics of Mario 3D World...

#21rafiiilla(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2013 11:20:45 AM
arvilino posted...
Though you'd have to be a bit more specific about 64 because despite it's openess the fact the game requires power ups like the Wing Cap, Metal Cap or Invisible Cap to get certain stars does actually limit the methods you can do. I mean you can't get through walls you need the invisible cap for with any method other than using it can you?

Oh man! how I miss those caps, best Power-ups IMO (closely followed by some of the Galaxy games')
---
NNID: rafiiilla
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/4797/rehash2.jpg
#22godslayer61Posted 7/3/2013 12:21:57 PM
so is it a side scroller like the one on the wii u, and I consider that a side scroller not many options to go in a different direction. Mario games have all sucked since the more open world styles.
---
psn-kish1975 ----------xbox live-godslayer1975------------------wii u-kish1975------3ds-0361-6138-6925
#23LordrvPosted 7/6/2013 12:24:09 AM
Are you forreals? Mario Galaxy was mind blowing from the first trailer released and announcement lol
#24LordrvPosted 7/6/2013 12:26:44 AM
rafiiilla posted...
GloryChaos posted...
WillWare posted...
GloryChaos posted...
The Galaxy games re-use the same level themes that the New Super Mario Bros. games do. Only you're in space.

Rightside Down Galaxy
Honeybloom Galaxy
Flipswap Galaxy
Toy Time Galaxy
Battle Belt Galaxy
Throwback Galaxy
Beat Block Galaxy
Puzzle Plank Galaxy
Fleet Glide Galaxy

Just off the top of my head.
Please try again.

No need. You misunderstand me. The common world themes we see in the New Super Mario Bros. games are represented through galaxies in the galaxy games. We got a ghost galaxy in both games (essentially a ghost house), a lava world, an ice world, a beash/water world, etc.

I never said that was all the galaxy games did. I just said that they re-used those themes.

And they will do until the end of time (or Nintendo).. and it's not a bad thing, it's just that Mario already went anywhere he could have been...

I really hope Mario 3D World turns out to be a great game like Galaxy did

There's no need to hope. You've already played Mario 3D World if you've played Mario 3D Land. The game is a direct rehash, just like NSMB -> NSMB Wii. They could just as easily call it Mario 3D Land U
#25thanthenPosted 7/6/2013 4:24:11 AM(edited)
Mario Galaxy looked exciting, I feel disappointed every time I see gameplay of new mario. It has 3ds written all over it.
---
Rock is fine, scissors are overpowered.
-paper
#26P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 7/6/2013 5:02:26 AM
thanthen posted...
Mario Galaxy looked exciting, I feel disappointed every time I see gameplay of new mario. It has 3ds written all over it.

You should actually play it then, instead of making assumptions.
---
NNID: Ko-san
"SUUUPERRR!"
#27WildsparkPosted 7/6/2013 5:08:45 AM
There's a reason why people are criticizing it.
Nintendo: "Hey guys! We're going to give you a new Mario game that doesn't really have a lot of new things in it other than a cat suit and multiplayer. Isn't that awesome?! We just know that you'll love it!"

That being said, it might still be fun.
---
PSN: TheWildspark
#28NovaLevossidaPosted 7/6/2013 5:21:21 AM
Wildspark posted...
There's a reason why people are criticizing it.
Nintendo: "Hey guys! We're going to give you a new Mario game that doesn't really have a lot of new things in it other than a cat suit and multiplayer. Isn't that awesome?! We just know that you'll love it!"

That being said, it might still be fun.

People bag on EA and Activision for doing yearly releases, but I don't see how they could defend Nintendo at this point with how little difference there is between their NSMB games and 3D Land > 3D World. It might still be fun, but a lot of people here are in a pot and kettle situation.
---
Sig under construction.
#29ZeroArcheryPosted 7/6/2013 5:27:08 AM
trenken posted...
We know it uses the same old art style from 3D Land.

Old? When is less than two years "old"?

We know it has very short levels that can be completed in 30 seconds or less.

Yeah, that was so apparant, considering few 3D Land stages could be completed in less than 30 seconds, and that games that DO do that were so horrible, like Super Meat Boy.

Many people like the short linear levels for the 2D games, and liked that the 3D games differentiated themselves, but that isnt really the case anymore.

Thats enough to turn people off to the game. The whole rehash thing that keeps getting brought up. It doesnt look new.

So... you're upset they're changing up the 3D formula and donig something new with it, then right after call it a rehash that's not doing anything new.

Yeah, this is bulls***.
---
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua
#30P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 7/6/2013 5:27:36 AM
You people are really jumping to conclusions. Do you so happen to have a time machine?
---
NNID: Ko-san
"SUUUPERRR!"