Can you guys lend me your time machines?

#1GloryChaosPosted 7/3/2013 7:20:12 AM
I seem to have misplaced mine. You see, I keep seeing people state that Metroid is a dead franchise and that it needs to be revived. But that doesn't make any sense to me. Didn't the series have multiple games both on the DS and on the Wii? People have been calling Metroid dead since before the WiiU even launched. I get that you don't like Other M, but does the game suddenly not exist because of that? Was Other M so bad that it revoked Metroid Prime 3 and Hunters from existence? Do we ignore the fact that Nintendo executives have talked about wanting to see the game's future on the WiiU?

Metroid: Other M came out in 2010. Before Fire Emblem Awakening was released, the last game we got in the series was a Japan only remake in the same year. During that two year gap, was Fire Emblem a "dead" franchise?
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#2thundercat2600Posted 7/3/2013 7:21:44 AM
Other M killed it. It's dead. Now stop whining.
---
Nintendo stock the day before Wii U was announced: 26,500
Nintendo stock today: 9,200
#3T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 7/3/2013 7:23:43 AM
GloryChaos posted...
I get that you don't like Other M, but does the game suddenly not exist because of that?

Only if you wish for it enough!
---
To err is human, but to really screw things up you need a computer!
http://userstyles.org/styles/88555/gamefaqs-v13-revamp V13 Userstyle for a better site look
#4OpShaftPosted 7/3/2013 7:30:31 AM
No, it's mine!
---
Disregard females, acquire currency.
#5kingbadjoPosted 7/3/2013 7:31:35 AM
thundercat2600 posted...

Thundercat2600 is a well known troll on this board. He left briefly after the whole Xbox1 fiasco but came back. He tries to be subtle with his troll but we all know him here. He's like that friend nobody likes but we still keep him around... Kind of like cartman from south park lol but yea. I liked Metroid other M but can see why many others didn't I however hated skyward sword lol

The vocal minority is filled with idiots and trolls (probably the same thing) saying that the franchise is dead is a sign that they are dumb kids still in highschool.
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.
#6OpShaftPosted 7/3/2013 7:35:11 AM
Quote:thundercat2600 posted...

Thundercat2600 is a well known troll on this board. He left briefly after the whole Xbox1 fiasco but came back. He tries to be subtle with his troll but we all know him here. He's like that friend nobody likes but we still keep him around... Kind of like cartman from south park lol but yea. I liked Metroid other M but can see why many others didn't I however hated skyward sword lol

The vocal minority is filled with idiots and trolls (probably the same thing) saying that the franchise is dead is a sign that they are dumb kids still in highschool.

@kingbadjo

At least Cartman is funny.
---
Disregard females, acquire currency.
#7SegavsCapcomPosted 7/3/2013 7:35:52 AM
I don't believe Metroid is dead just yet. Didn't Retro say they were working on something science fiction-y?
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#8mrpants_againPosted 7/3/2013 7:39:51 AM
Call of Duty has not had a release in over three months. Dead franchise confirmed.
---
This Is What We Do! This is Who We Are!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YviYufXRw0g
#9GloryChaos(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2013 7:43:51 AM
OpShaft posted...
No, it's mine!

GIVE IT.

SegavsCapcom posted...
I don't believe Metroid is dead just yet. Didn't Retro say they were working on something science fiction-y?

I'm pretty sure those were just rumors from multiple "valid" sources. Retro never said anything of the sort and they even confirmed that they only work on one big game at a time. I'd like to see someone else do a Metroid game at this point though.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#10trenkenPosted 7/3/2013 7:46:00 AM
MP3 only sold 1.5 million worldwide, and MoM sucked. Was really rejected by many Metroid fans.

Metroid was never that popular of a franchise. Nintendo doesnt make much money off it. Metroid Prime is beloved by fans, and it didnt even sell well as it went on.

I think this is why Nintendo never really gave the franchise much love. There isnt really that many Metroid games, and we could go 5 years before we see another one. Who knows.

Look at how long there was between Super and Prime.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero