Wario Reboot

#1TheMisterManGuyPosted 7/3/2013 8:30:12 AM
It seems as though Wario has been neglected to his misadventures in Dimond City with his WarioWare pals for a while now. So, I thought of a new direction Nintendo can take with Mario's wacky rival.

Wario, is now the leader of a band of treasure hunting thieves called the Wario Gold Digging Force 5. A band of 5 colorful treasure hunters with their own goals & desires.

Wario, the leader, wants to be the richest guy in the world.

Funky Monkey, a Chimp with sunglasses and an afro, needs to earn enough money to repair the disco club he wrecked.

Maki, an upbeat, energetic girl with a semi-revealing outfit (mini skirt and small t shirt) and dual wielding laser pistols. Lost a bet with her friend and now has to raise 100,000,000,000,000 coins.

Jason, the kind of loner of the gang who has a skateboard. Has to get enough money to fund a new invention for Proffessor E. Gadd.

And lastly, Georgy, a mussle bound Bull-dog. has to earn enough money to get into the strong guy Tournament.

Oh yeah, they also have a giant drill mech that can cut anything in it's path.

The gameplay is a 2.5D platformer like the Klonoa series. Where you play as each of the 5 WGDF members through a relay system throughout a level, each with unique gameplay styles and platforing moves. You'll throw punches, do flashy jump and attack combos, and collect lots of coins.

The soundtrack is a Funk, Trip Hop soundtrack in the same style of the Sonic Rush games.

Now this kind of hip, crazy, japanese style wouldn't work in the bouncy, Pixar-like, family friendly style of the Mario series. But it's a perfect fit for the Wario games as evidenced by the WarioWare and Wario Land series.

So what do you think?
---
In a gaming world filled with chaos & fanboyism, I try to be the voice that guides people to the truth.
#2SegavsCapcomPosted 7/3/2013 9:22:14 AM
Sound hella fun. Though I do think a 3D platformer would be better with 5 characters.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#3LordBowserPosted 7/3/2013 9:25:13 AM
Not sure how I feel about this... but I would like to see Wario come back again. I mean, he was around not that long ago in Wario Land Shake it, still, I'd like to see more platformers starring him.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#4ChokusetsuPosted 7/3/2013 9:32:34 AM
This isn't a reboot as it's more of a spin-off.

There's no such a thing as a reboot for Mario or Wario. They don't have a storyline that links their games together.
#5EdwardoMario16Posted 7/3/2013 4:37:38 PM
What needs to happen is Wario Ware goes dead for a couple years. It's quirky "OMG Japanese weirdness!" novelty has wore off.

Wario Land needs to come back.
---
This is the worst bird yet.
White 2 FC: 3483 0523 8765
#6AkaneJonesPosted 7/3/2013 5:28:13 PM
Wario Land hasn't gone anywhere.

Wii had Wario Land: Shake It! & DS has Wario Master of Disguise(even if it sucked)

They just need to think of a new good hybrid, rather than reusing a previous formula. Wario Land 1 & VB Wario Land had caps and played similar to Mario Bros. Wario Land 2 & 3 had the no death transformation to solve puzzles, where as Wario Land 4 & Shake It! had the find the goal then excape set up. On and Wario Master of Disguise had suit and a Metroidvania style set up. I don't know about 3D Wario Worlds.

I suppose they could reuse MoD's formula with out touch screen controls and crappy mandatory mini-games. But I kind of like that damage wielding power up, which doesn't mesh as well with Metroidvania meets Wario Land hats. They need something to deal with item power up collection and innate enemies transform Wario, if Metroidvania is to be used again. It's kind of a pain, to figure out.

They could do something totally new, but what would feel Wario Land like?
#7BodyisreggiePosted 7/3/2013 5:30:46 PM
No, he's a boring fart guy and nobody likes him
#8CaioNVPosted 7/3/2013 8:10:36 PM
Bodyisreggie posted...
No, he's a boring fart guy and nobody likes him

http://youtu.be/yg2u_De8j5o
BTW, you mispelled either "fat" or "farter".

At the same time I agree with the need of they trying something new, a Mission Pack Sequel* to Wario Land 4 would be appreciated. I recently got 100% in that game... I feel like I got 100% in my childhood. http://i.imgur.com/ahbf4lM.gif
* http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MissionPackSequel
---
Let's Blocking: http://i.imgur.com/NONavuG.png
#9ADHDguitarPosted 7/3/2013 8:12:39 PM
We just need regular ass Wario Land to come back, but with a fresh new direction.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2