NIntendo seems to only care about handheld games now.

#1CelestialMindPosted 7/3/2013 7:14:13 PM
I mean think about it.

Undeniably the two biggest and most anticipated games for the Wii U were the next 3D Mario and Super Smash Brothers. Notice anything about these two?

Well the next 3D Mario is merely a 3DS game sequel and the next Smash Brothers is also being released on the 3DS.

The Wii U doesn't have its own identity anymore. It seems more like NIntendo thinks of it as a supplement to the 3DS.
#2TAoRPosted 7/3/2013 7:15:55 PM
But they announced Smash would be on both systems forever ago...like before the Wii U was even released...
#3CelestialMind(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2013 7:17:18 PM
TAoR posted...
But they announced Smash would be on both systems forever ago...like before the Wii U was even released...

Maybe they anticipated poor Wii U sales and decided to go this route from the start.

I would not be surprised if Zelda U ends up being another game running on the 2D 3DS Zelda engine from the new game.
#4SyCo_VeNoMPosted 7/3/2013 7:18:27 PM
uhh the next smash bros from my understanding isn't a port to the 3ds its a somewhat different game.

Stupid to name them both the same though

Will say that is one thing nintendo is lacking is naming differentiation though might end up hurting the games in the long run.
#5StickMen1090Posted 7/3/2013 7:19:40 PM
CelestialMind posted...
TAoR posted...

Maybe they anticipated poor Wii U sales and decided to go this route from the start.

I would not be surprised if Zelda U ends up being another game running on the 2D 3DS Zelda engine from the new game.

yes that sounds logical... "Lets makes a console and expect it to fail"
---
3DS FC: 2063-0061-2915
#6LightHawKnightPosted 7/3/2013 7:20:59 PM
StickMen1090 posted...
CelestialMind posted...
TAoR posted...

yes that sounds logical... "Lets makes a console and expect it to fail"

Who needs logic?
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#7iKhanicPosted 7/3/2013 7:22:01 PM
Nintendo has a lock on the mobile market, so they are a lot more willing to try new things. That's why we are getting the new Chibi-Robo on 3DS, not Wii U.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#8UponADarkThornePosted 7/3/2013 7:23:24 PM
Super Mario 3D World might be based on Super Mario 3D Land, but the 3DS game was the best 3D Mario, so... Good?
---
http://www.last.fm/user/wolfbornson
#9SyCo_VeNoMPosted 7/3/2013 7:39:55 PM
UponADarkThorne posted...
Super Mario 3D World might be based on Super Mario 3D Land, but the 3DS game was the best 3D Mario, so... Good?

I would say 2nd best, as IMO Mario 64 still holds #1 But then again everyone will rank stuff differently.

Super mario 3d land I found enjoyable, but still no mario 64, but will say it did somewhat make is seem closer to a 3d version of a traditional side scrolling mario game than 64 felt as the camera angles were mostly fixed.
#10Mandrew257Posted 7/3/2013 9:11:29 PM(edited)
I'll get both versions of Smash Bros. And I'm really excited for Super Mario 3D World.
And WiiU still has:
Yarn Yoshi
Bayonetta 2
The Wonderful 101
Mario Kart 8
Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze
SM3DW
SSBU
X
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
Pikmin 3
Sonic Lost World
Rayman Legends(said to be the best version)
Game and Wario
Windwaker HD
and more...
I wouldnt say they dont care about WiiU.
---
Do you like butter, cause here comes the TOAST! (Punch)