NIntendo seems to only care about handheld games now.

#11thepixelgardenPosted 7/3/2013 10:20:34 PM
I hate to say it, but I've recently had this same thought. I'm glad for people who love portable games to be getting so much love. But honestly, if Animal Crossing, Sticker Star, Dream Team, Harvest Moon, Kingdom Hearts, Castlevania, etc. would be released on the Wii U... I'd have a Wii U right now.
#12uberking422Posted 7/3/2013 10:23:13 PM
thepixelgarden posted...
I hate to say it, but I've recently had this same thought. I'm glad for people who love portable games to be getting so much love. But honestly, if Animal Crossing, Sticker Star, Dream Team, Harvest Moon, Kingdom Hearts, Castlevania, etc. would be released on the Wii U... I'd have a Wii U right now.

You know, there's a good chance most of those were in the early stages of development while everyone was complaining about there being no games on the 3DS...
#13TalentedMPosted 7/3/2013 10:24:27 PM
CelestialMind posted...
I mean think about it.

Undeniably the two biggest and most anticipated games for the Wii U were the next 3D Mario and Super Smash Brothers. Notice anything about these two?

Well the next 3D Mario is merely a 3DS game sequel and the next Smash Brothers is also being released on the 3DS.

The Wii U doesn't have its own identity anymore. It seems more like NIntendo thinks of it as a supplement to the 3DS.

Maybe they just care about them both... You know, wanting them both to thrive and not separating their market opportunities.

WiiU has a whole plethora of games coming out to separate itself from its handheld little brother. W101, Bayonetta2, MK8, Pikmin3, Watch_Dogs, DKC:TF, etc.

I don't think you even tried with this one man.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#14thepixelgardenPosted 7/3/2013 11:14:34 PM
uberking422 posted...
thepixelgarden posted...

You know, there's a good chance most of those were in the early stages of development while everyone was complaining about there being no games on the 3DS...

That's a good possibility. I remember them having screenshots of Animal Crossing at the unveiling of the 3DS during one E3. Don't get me wrong, I am very hopeful for the future of the Wii U.

I know this may sound weird, but it's frustrating for me because I don't like playing games on portable devices. I have my own business online, so much of the time I am hiding behind my laptop. For fun, I don't need another device that's going to keep me isolated from my family. They like to watch me play games on the big screen (and sometimes play with me). That's why I REALLY wish Animal Crossing had come out for the Wii U. I know I'm in the minority, and I'm ok with that - I don't expect Nintendo to cater to me. But like I said, frustrating.
#15AlexPumaPosted 7/3/2013 11:14:36 PM
At this point, if Nintendo announced they're no longer going to make consoles and focus 100% on the handheld market, I'd prefer it to the current situation.
---
http://www.gaming-unleashed.com/
"Oh I can handle any load that comes my way....." - Savott
#16GoombaXPosted 7/3/2013 11:21:58 PM
dont expect to many responses from tc.
He gets 3 messages per hour and 10 per day
---
3ds FC: 1891-1175-6647 My town: Termina
Currently Playing: MvC 2, AC:NL, Last of Us, MMX Collection, Ico hd Collection