Satoru Iwata Explains Nintendo's reasons for region locking the 3DS and Wii U

#31BuretsuPosted 7/3/2013 9:13:44 PM
El_Dustino posted...
Man, poor Australians, they seem to be the first to jump on America hate these days (which is funny, but irrelevant), but after this topic, I can almost understand. :/ They don't matter? And what about NZ who has it worse? Man, as long as some people get what they want, everyone else just does not matter...

That's today's world for you. "F*** you, got mine."
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#32El_DustinoPosted 7/3/2013 9:16:47 PM
Buretsu posted...
El_Dustino posted...
Man, poor Australians, they seem to be the first to jump on America hate these days (which is funny, but irrelevant), but after this topic, I can almost understand. :/ They don't matter? And what about NZ who has it worse? Man, as long as some people get what they want, everyone else just does not matter...

That's today's world for you. "F*** you, got mine."

Please understand.
---
The two most beautiful words in any language: I forgive.
#33darkstar4221Posted 7/3/2013 9:22:10 PM(edited)
TalentedM posted...
Buretsu posted...

Wow. To think someone would be this happy about not getting games. You make it WAY too easy for trolls.

The way I look at it is this, I can't miss anything I didn't know about. Out of sight out of mind my friend. If they were that worried about it they would make it for PC and I could get it that way.

I don't know Japanese, I don't know French or Polish or any other language. Just English, and I am not even very good at that language either. So to be frank, I could care less about some game I will never understand.

Granted, I am a vast majority of gamer and how dare I deny what should be a common thing. I just don't see it as this huge deal that everyone else does. If I felt it was a big deal I would be right on the front lines with every other bandwagon hater... But I just don't see it as this huge problem for a great majoirty of gamers who wouldn't even think of it or for maybe the 1 or 2 titles you would miss out on.

There are other reasons, but the main reason I don't care is because it effects a very small portion of gamers who maybe get 1 or 2 every generation and to be fair.... It isn't me, so I wont sign a petition or send an email because... well... it is unimportant in the grand scheme of things.

Couldn't you just change your region, or get a system from another country to bypass this whole thing? I mean if it is that important to you to import, just go import only. Who cares at that point? But maybe I have it wrong, I have no idea how it all works really because I never bothered to worry about it.

In the grand scheme of things Nintendo is just a bunch of corporate bastards, as well as Sony and Microsoft. Sure they are established names, but what happens when they turn their backs against you and start making their console limited and expensive for the consumer? No one doesn't buy their games and systems as it's what happening now, sales for gaming consoles have been abysmal for over a year.

And they have this power because of some laws that they abuse (copyright).
#34BuretsuPosted 7/3/2013 9:20:14 PM
TalentedM posted...
There are other reasons, but the main reason I don't care is because it effects a very small portion of gamers who maybe get 1 or 2 every generation and to be fair.... It isn't me, so I wont sign a petition or send an email because... well... it is unimportant in the grand scheme of things.

It's fine if you don't care, but it's another thing when you're being antagonistic with those who do care.

Couldn't you just change your region, or get a system from another country to bypass this whole thing? I mean if it is that important to you to import, just go import only. Who cares at that point? But maybe I have it wrong, I have no idea how it all works really because I never bothered to worry about it.

You'd have to buy a completely new system. Which means you'd need 3 consoles to play all the games available to you.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#35hydra_dragonPosted 7/3/2013 9:34:24 PM
It is pretty dumb. Nintendo is the only one who is region locked. They just want more $$$. If people didn't import, than Zenoblade would have never came over. It is hailed as one of the best RPGs ever. It would have been just left there in Japan. Plus I heard it sold more overseas than it did in Japan. Nintendo dragged its feet on it and made them look dumb. If they don't want people to import, why do EU people have to wait 6+ months for a game to come out, when the rest of the world has it?! I think most games should have a world release date, much like Pokemon X/Y is doing. This would greatly cut down on imports.
Nintendo does alot of dumb things/and or are behind on the times. Where is my Nintendo Account, Nintendo? Every other console has one, but not the 3ds and Wiiu...okay.
---
Snitches are everywhere on GameFAQs
#367lightsXIIIPosted 7/3/2013 9:40:20 PM
Xenesis Xenon posted...
TalentedM posted...
I don't import, I don't know any other languages other than my own, I don't very much care if I will never play "Doki Poki Panic X : Lifeblood Kawaii".

As an Australian, I have trained many hard years so I can speak American. I have in the past wanted to play things like uh, Fire Emblem, Metroid Prime and Animal Crossing.

Speak american? I think it's called English. US edition.
---
...In a Sexual way...
Chrom, Lucina, Shulk, Megaman, Toon Zelda for SSB4
#37FlyinTonitePosted 7/3/2013 9:46:08 PM
Xenoblade sold well enough to warrant a us release. This operation rainfall did little to nothing in the grand scheme of things, nintendo doesn't listen to the minority gamers so things like region lock will continue to exist unless the majority is displeased with it. Fact is, only a small percentage of gamers have problems with region locking so nintendo sees no point in removing it because the majority of gamers could care less.

I myself am not bothered by region locking because from a business perspective region locking protects nintendo from losing money. Stop assuming nintendo cares about you as an individual because no company truly cares about anyone but mister benjamin. You want to do something about it, speak with your wallet because that is the only way a company will listen. Petition all you want, until you get more people to actually stop buying nintendo products, they won't do a damn thing about it.

Microsoft is the only company that listened to its fanbase in regards to changing practices but only because pretty much everyone and their brother complained. So like I said, either convince the majority of gamers region locking needs to go or else your wants will fall on deaf ears.
---
I'll be a jerk to strangers because this is the internet
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#38Xenesis XenonPosted 7/3/2013 10:08:36 PM
7lightsXIII posted...
Speak american? I think it's called English. US edition.

That's the joke.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#39KaiserLeoPosted 7/3/2013 10:09:27 PM
Pull the other one Iwata, kids don't import and the officials don't care. For that matter, Sony, Microsoft and a majority of publishers don't care, money is money.

Admit the truth, you still want utter and total control, in fear of the 2600 and Famicom Disk System repeating. You are terrified of the consumer, punishing them for an unrelated boogeyman.
---
And enough with My Little Pony!