Pikmin 3 looks great. Ashame that the series isn't more popular....

#1jbhensPosted 7/4/2013 1:08:36 AM
Both Pikmin 1 and 2 were some of my favorite games during the Gamcube/PS2/Xbox days. I always found it odd how so many Nintendo fans ignore anything Nintendo does that isn't Mario or Zelda. Pikmin was introduced right around the launch of the Gamecube, yet it was never met with a hugely positive reception.

To me, Pikmin is very old school in game design. It doesn't hold your hand, and trial and error is the only way to get better at it. I'm guessing that's part of the reason it didn't catch on like it should have. So many games hold your hand these days, and Pikmin can be brutal when you first step into it.

Anyways, I'm ecstatic for Pikmin 3. For anyone who hasn't played any of the Pikmin games are unsure of their quality should really give this game a chance. If you are a fan of challenging games that test your mind, then Pikmin is for you. It's one of the few franchises in these days where you actually feel rewarded for completing.
#2zaakroPosted 7/4/2013 1:11:31 AM
I never played the first 2 games but my friend did. I had always liked the series but never had time to played them. I am definitely getting pikmin 3 though.
---
Some days don't you wish you could high five the sun
#3jbhens(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 1:13:30 AM
zaakro posted...
I never played the first 2 games but my friend did. I had always liked the series but never had time to played them. I am definitely getting pikmin 3 though.

If you have the time, I highly recommend playing the first 2 games eventually. They are still gorgeous games that hold up extremely well.
#4The_BoredomsPosted 7/4/2013 1:42:15 AM
I feel like Nintendo never really hit upon a way to communicate just what sort of games they are, which certainly hindered sales a bit.
#5jbhens(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 1:45:42 AM
The_Boredoms posted...
I feel like Nintendo never really hit upon a way to communicate just what sort of games they are, which certainly hindered sales a bit.

That's true. But I can see it being to challenging for a majority of gamers these days.
#6paulr1986Posted 7/4/2013 2:35:58 AM
It doesn't look like a marketable game. Sort of a cult game.

I thought it was a good game but not spectacular ,and seriously, if I was sitting around with friends and offered them the choice at the time of playing Pikmin on the cube or the new GTA3 on PS2 they'd laugh at me.

Same in a few months, CoD Ghosts on the PS4 or Pikmin 3 on my Wii-U
#7AstralFrostPosted 7/4/2013 2:38:37 AM
Unfortunately Pikmin isn't going to sell all that well so its not going to help the Wii U where it desperately needs it. Hopefully some of the other upcoming multiplats can help out.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#8jbhens(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 2:38:52 AM
paulr1986 posted...

I thought it was a good game but not spectacular ,and seriously, if I was sitting around with friends and offered them the choice at the time of playing Pikmin on the cube or the new GTA3 on PS2 they'd laugh at me.

It's a shame that the majority of the world have this opinion. How many great games get ignored because they aren't like every other game out there....
#9jbhens(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 2:39:57 AM
AstralFrost posted...
Unfortunately Pikmin isn't going to sell all that well so its not going to help the Wii U where it desperately needs it. Hopefully some of the other upcoming multiplats can help out.

This doesn't have to do with helping the Wii U or anything. Just an appreciation for Pikmin and trying to make people realize it's a fantastic franchise.
#10AstralFrostPosted 7/4/2013 2:40:41 AM
jbhens posted...
paulr1986 posted...

It's a shame that the majority of the world have this opinion. How many great games get ignored because they aren't like every other game out there....

The question is, if only the minority think something is great does that actually make it great at all?
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself