Most gamers today can't finish the original SMB's 1st level (Miyamoto Comments)

#61CalciferJenkinsPosted 7/4/2013 1:19:31 PM(edited)
I think it bears repeating, because some people don't seem to realise, that the article is not real. It is a satirical article on a satirical website. *EDIT* Ninja'd, but it can't hurt to repeat anyway.
---
Thank you, gentlemen! Someday, I will repay you. Unless, of course, I can't find you or if I forget.
#62paperwariorPosted 7/4/2013 1:36:45 PM
I can't beat SMB1 but I'm pretty sure anyone who's ever played a video game could pull level 1 off with enough practice. It's only got two buttons plus directions.
---
"God Hand is the ultimate expression of the joy of humanity, specifically the punching part of the joy of humanity."-Shigeru Miyamoto
#63kingrat2314Posted 7/4/2013 1:42:24 PM
Zero97 posted...
http://www.p4rgaming.com/majority-of-gamers-today-cant-finish-level-1-in-super-mario-bros/

We watched the replay videos of how the gamers performed and saw that many did not understand simple concepts like bottomless pits. Around 70 percent died to the first Goomba. Another 50 percent died twice. Many thought the coins were enemies and tried to avoid them. Also, most of them did not use the run button. There were many other depressing things we noted but I can not remember them at the moment.

I don't believe this garbage for a single second.
---
New Modest Mouse album - 2014!
Final Fantasy XV is going to be one of the best Final Fantasy games.
#64CalciferJenkinsPosted 7/4/2013 1:43:52 PM
kingrat2314 posted...
Zero97 posted...
http://www.p4rgaming.com/majority-of-gamers-today-cant-finish-level-1-in-super-mario-bros/

We watched the replay videos of how the gamers performed and saw that many did not understand simple concepts like bottomless pits. Around 70 percent died to the first Goomba. Another 50 percent died twice. Many thought the coins were enemies and tried to avoid them. Also, most of them did not use the run button. There were many other depressing things we noted but I can not remember them at the moment.

I don't believe this garbage for a single second.

You are not supposed to believe it. Nobody asked you to believe it.
---
Thank you, gentlemen! Someday, I will repay you. Unless, of course, I can't find you or if I forget.
#65VideoGameXVPosted 7/4/2013 1:44:24 PM
This is hilarious, how could that many people fail at the first level of Super Mario Bros.
Thank god they didn't test them with The Lost Levels, what a story that would be.
---
Pokemon W2 Friend Code: 4771 6198 2957
#661shadetail1Posted 7/4/2013 1:45:15 PM
The article isn't real. It comes from a joke site, similar to The Onion.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#67Cholo6Posted 7/4/2013 1:45:59 PM
SyCo_VeNoM posted...
Cholo6 posted...

"I am out of touch with reality."

Yes, Yes you are as its been stated probably 10 times already that was a satirical article written on a satirical game news site

Here's another interesting "news" article from the same place http://www.p4rgaming.com/cloud-replacing-lightning-in-lightning-returns-after-positive-reception-to-cloud-dlc-costume/

Fair enough. I guess that was the point of the article :D

To be fair though, at what point am I supposed to realize this is satire? There is an icon at the top of the article indicating "news".

On the site's "About" section, it reads: "Play4Real is the world’s most premier video game journalism site. We’re taking video game journalism to the next level." How am I supposed to realize that means "we write fake news in an attempt to comment on the gaming industry using misleading articles that you're supposed to realize are satire."
#68maynotPosted 7/4/2013 1:46:10 PM
Back in the day, the tough games were Castlevania and Ghouls 'n' ghosts. Even today, they are quite challenging and difficult. Both of those games had weapon delay and many enemies that could withstand multiple hits. Mario was easy compared to those.

I have had four cousins that did stop by for a visit. They were from ages 6-12 with no real experience playing video games. We played SMB:Wii. Only one of them was able to get the basic mechanics down.
---
I play lots of games. About 90% of them are played in my head.
#69kay2kidPosted 7/4/2013 1:53:16 PM
Since we are talking about SMB then let me give you something that makes SMB even more enjoyable!

http://www.explodingrabbit.com/games/super-mario-bros-crossover

you should try this flash game! god its so damn addictive!

Personally Bass is my favorite.
---
I hate nothing more than FPS games.
#70TeferiePosted 7/4/2013 1:55:13 PM
I offered a kid $50 if he could beat the original Castlevania. He rage quitted on the first level because he no matter how many ghouls he killed, "they never stopped coming".
---
On July 30, 1998, I entered a Street Fighter Alpha 3 tournament and won with Dan Hibiki...I was 9.