Most gamers today can't finish the original SMB's 1st level (Miyamoto Comments)

#81DonugeePosted 7/4/2013 3:08:14 PM
I didn't believe this the first time I heard it, and I still don't.
#82Bellum_SacrumPosted 7/4/2013 3:47:34 PM
P4Gaming has a talent for understatement.

Of course they can't. Heck, I know a couple of "gamers" that refuse to play anything without trophies/achievements and explode with rage whenever a game doesn't hand-hold them and they have to replay parts of the game when they lose.

It was fun watching some of them trying to play Demon's Souls.

Nintendo related: I'll never get over the fact that some people were complaining about Super Mario Galaxy's purple coins being "too hard" & "infuriating". Seriously now?
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#83GamersTavernPosted 7/4/2013 4:28:23 PM
I've never been able to beat SMB1, either. Games are too hard, man.

In all seriousness, I was a lot better at these older games when I was a kid, but these days, I'm starting to have trouble with even the "super easy" new ones. A few years ago, an 11 year old kid beat me in Smash Bros. Brawl. I was very ashamed. I guess I'm part of the problem.
---
Main Site: http://www.gamers-tavern.com/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/GamersTavernShow
#84kayoticdreamzPosted 7/4/2013 4:54:53 PM
even if its fake it still seems true.
#85P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 7/4/2013 5:22:29 PM
It's very believable (the statistics) though the article is obviously fake. I recall, at the best buy event, a kid and his dad (kid was about 14 or so) who played Donkey Kong. The kid complained about Nintendo (something about liking Ninty but not their consoles) and complemented the other consoles going on about how he wasn't interested in Mario or Zelda and how he was ready to play GTAV and the next COD. As he and his dad played DK it was just embarrassing. They died multiple times, wouldn't run or roll and didn't know about the ground pound even as me and a few others in line kept telling them what to do. They finally finished up and the kid left talking about the PS4. I was like "really?" I then played with another kid (probably 17) and the only problem we had was who would kill what, which normally amounted to who got there first. Later, I played with another kid in 3D World (probably 10) who just didn't know what he was doing and ended up throwing the gamepad.
---
NNID: Ko-san
"SUUUPERRR!"