4th of July, no sale and 1 new VC release

#101darkjedilinkPosted 7/6/2013 6:46:07 AM
rockymin posted...
pokemega32 posted...
Rockman043 posted...
Nintendo of America

NoA refers to North America, not the U.S.

As in, it includes Canada.

It would make no sense to have an Independence Day sale in Canada.

Actually there is a Nintendo of Canada, Ltd.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_divisions_of_Nintendo#North_America

So, you're wrong.

Actually, you're both right - Nintendo of Canada is a subsidiary of Nintendo of America. It's pretty much solely responsible for distribution in Canada.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#102Ghost-inZeShellPosted 7/6/2013 7:35:58 AM
overkillwfo1978 posted...
LOL. Have you seen the games on sale for 30 cents? Balloon Fight? Kirby? Hell the only two games worth the money were F-Zero and Super Metroid. What about charging $8 for Super Mario World and other SNES games? That is HORRIBLE. I bought Sleeping Dogs with all DLC off of Steam on a sale for $11.74. A recent game that is better than the last GTA and plays in full 1080p/60FPS for $3 more than a game released 22 years ago.

You're opening a whole new can of worms, comparing consoles to PC.
Especially Steam.
You go comparing any sale to Steam's sales, and every consoles sale ever is a joke.

Why, why would you do that?
At this point we should ask:

"Why are we paying $300 for a machine with only 2GB of RAM?
And most of its 3rd Party library consist of ports of games that were available on everything else a year, or more, ago."

Why buy consoles at all? A lot of PC games are Free-To-Play, and those that aren't are always available on Steam, offen for VERY cheap.

If you go comparing anything to Steam, yeah, it's going to seem like a rip-off.

Long term, it's cheaper to simply upgrade your PC than it is to buy a new console every 5 years.
8GB of RAM is about $50. Slap that into your home PC and *boom*, you already have a machine that is more powerful than the Wii U, and probably it's successor, too.

The defense of the consoles is NOT that they are cheaper, or more powerful, or have better sales.
It's the games that they are a medium to.
Purpose of a novel is not to serve paper, but to provide a medium to the story that is written upon it.

overkillwfo1978 posted...
Defend all you want, and I actually own a Wii U and like Nintendo, but when they make horrible decisions, I will absolutely call them out on it and their online downloads have been the very definition of terrible. Literally every single company that does online game sales is doing it better than Nintendo... even Origin and Origin is horrible. Nintendo needs to step it up.

Don't campare Nintendo to EA, just don't.
You think Origin is great? Tell me, how many Marios does it have? How much do they charge for Super Metroid? Do they even have Majora's Mask? Why would I ever shop at Origin?

I own a Wii U, and I didn't get it because Iwata promised GTA for $3, nor for TF2 which is Free2Play, nor for the crummiest version of Mass Effect 3.

I got a Wii U for Pikmin 3, for Wind Waker HD, for Zelda U, for Metroid Eventually.
You tell me which online store has these. I don't care if you don't want to fork-out $8 to buy Super Mario for the eightieth time. I already own Super Metroid, and I don't care about Balloon Flight.

I repeat, I didn't get a Wii U to download GTA onto a tiny hard drive.
If you did, that's your problem.
You want to "call Nintendo out" for not choosing the games you wanted for their anniversary promo, go ahead.
---
What is red, blue yellow, purple, white, pink, rock, and can fly?
#103retrogamer28Posted 7/6/2013 8:20:44 AM
Doing something simply because everyone else is not the Nintendo way. If they do something, it's probably because of an internal decision that has little or nothing to do with the competition. And club Nintendo have me a free game on the fourth (if you didn't pay extra for it it is free) so I could care less.
---
Nintendo fans have the privilege of being able to saying a game is bad because the predecessor is better, not because the game is actually bad objectively.
#104chaos_sage0265Posted 7/6/2013 8:35:30 AM
Ghost-inZeShell posted...
Rockman043 posted...
Ghost-inZeShell posted...
TC is a troll.

Gets mad at a Japanese company for not celebrating an American holiday, hard enough.

Nintendo of America

Japanese company

LMAO

NoA is a division.
Nintendo is a Japanese company. Look it up.
LULZ

Even if they were to celebrate all the holidays of the world, what do you want Nintendo to do?
You americans celebrate July 4th with mattress sales, long drive to uncomfortable reunions with in-laws, fireworks, and unhealthy consumption of grilled meat.

You just want MOAR PRICE DROPS right?
30 too for the game of the month, too much?

I was going to make a post mentioning how even Green Man Gaming, a European PC site, is currently doing a summer sale to coincide with the 4th of July. Or how Sony is even doing a massive sale right now. Or just mention that it's a great time for competitors to launch big sales in the summer drought to get some extra revenue.

But I can see you're just ignorant, and had to pull the 'MURICA card to please whatever edgy teenage group you're still apart of to look cool on the internet. Never mind that a summer sale could have benefited everyone, including yourself.

Some people just need to think.
---
"We will be remembered for this. White Wall."
#105Ghost-inZeShellPosted 7/6/2013 9:03:56 AM
Pretty sure that would constitute flaming.
---
What is red, blue yellow, purple, white, pink, rock, and can fly?
#106LaLiLuLeLoSnakePosted 7/6/2013 9:14:14 AM
DTY3 posted...
Rockman043 posted...
Go **** yourself Nintendo

What a harsh reaction. Youre acting like theyre telling Americans to **** off.

I didnt know Independence day was a solid excuse for sales on digital video games.

go check out xbox live marketplace.

crazy sales all week.
#107TheGreatUnownPosted 7/6/2013 9:25:17 AM
I'm just gonna leave this here.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/352921269223694336

I don't know what Nintendo's doing with the Wii U, but there are 3DS sales all the time.
---
PSN: phantom_xii 3ds:1161 0212 6579
Pokemon Black 2: 2194 6434 0293 XBL:IronPatriot215
#108lonlonmilkloverPosted 7/6/2013 10:04:54 AM
rafiiilla posted...
Rockman043 posted...

this is the definition of spoiled

This is also the definition of the typical American brat.

I'm an American, and I am more and more seeing bad parenting show its results.

It's a sad day when a national holiday comes around, and rather than honoring the men and women who fought for the independence of one's country, one decides to spend their time not thanking those responsible, but sullying their name by expecting a deserved price cut on a system they clearly have no right to own, based on their attitude alone, which they so boldy and mistakenly expressed in four foolish words.

People of America, be wary of the children you are raising.
---
www.backloggery.com/lonlonmilklover
#109ZeroArcheryPosted 7/6/2013 10:23:00 AM
lonlonmilklover posted...
rafiiilla posted...
Rockman043 posted...

It's a sad day when a national holiday comes around, and rather than honoring the men and women who fought for the independence of one's country, one decides to spend their time not thanking those responsible, but sullying their name by expecting a deserved price cut on a system they clearly have no right to own, based on their attitude alone, which they so boldy and mistakenly expressed in four foolish words.

...wow.

Powerful post. One that I feel like I can agree with.

But wow. Left field.
---
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua
#110SlimeSwayzePosted 7/6/2013 10:36:51 AM
lonlonmilklover posted...
rafiiilla posted...
Rockman043 posted...

I hope this post was a joke. If not, then you clearly have no sense of context. First off, this is Independence Day, not Memorial Day. Don't pretend that the holiday isn't more about blowing things up and bbq than honoring our soldiers. The 4th of July is just another American holiday that is more about marketing than anything else, and that's just a fact. Again, it's not Memorial Day. Second, this is a videogame board, and we're here to discuss games and gaming related issues. This topic has less to do with the holiday itself and more to do with the fact that Nintendo is essentially the only company out there right now that is not showing appreciation to their customers by having any type of summer sale. It doesn't matter if they call it a Summer Sale or an Independence Day Sale or a Beat the Heat Sale.

The problem is that they are basically doing nothing for their customers, while Sony and MS and nearly every online retailer is going out of their way to give their customers something to get excited about. Maybe Nintendo is just waiting until later in the month to have a decent sale on something other than the same handful of e-shop titles they keep discounting every few weeks, which is fine, but if not, their customers have every right to voice their thoughts on the matter.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.