4th of July, no sale and 1 new VC release

#51thundercat2600Posted 7/4/2013 1:18:38 PM
geneticsftw posted...
thundercat2600 posted...
fhsfootball74 posted...
Harsh reaction but I do agree to an extent, Sony and MS have massive sales right now on their digital stores, and steam summer sale is coming up.

Yup, it's like Nintendo WANTS to lose all relevance in the US. They're doing a good job at it so far.

Similar to your relevance on this board?

Funny, every time I post anything, you and the rest of the Nintendo Defense Force can't wait to respond to it. I'm extremely relevant on this board.
---
Nintendo stock the day before Wii U was announced: 26,500
Nintendo stock today: 9,200
#52SlimeSwayzePosted 7/4/2013 1:29:00 PM
hiphops_savior posted...
Rockman043 posted...
Mwulf posted...
Valid discussion: criticism about Nintendo's paltry virtual console offerings.
Invalid discussion: whinging about nationalism, fanboyism, or entitlement.

Right which I initiated none of. All I wanted was a holiday sale, you know, the same holiday sale that every other digital retailer is doing. That has nothing to do with nationalism.

Steam has nothing right now except for a couple of free trials.

Steam's huge summer sale is just a week or so away. They always do it just after the holiday.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#53Ghost-inZeShellPosted 7/4/2013 2:36:59 PM
SlimeSwayze posted...
Sony is a Japanese company too, big chief.

Indeed.

SlimeSwayze posted...
Also, there is no "Game of the Month" for 30 cents deal.

That's right, you get them for "free" after paying money for a monthly fee.

SlimeSwayze posted...
Putting a handful of ancient games on sale for 30 cents over a period of several months is among the worst promotions I have ever seen.

Okay. Some would consider them classics, but I guess even priceless antique are just worthless junk to some people.

Especially considering it's Nintendo's 30th anniversary of being in the console business,
the whole "Best NES and SNES" thing actually makes sense.

Also, what is 30 now? Less than a third of an itune's song. Practically giving them away.
---
What is red, blue yellow, purple, white, pink, rock, and can fly?
#54geneticsftwPosted 7/4/2013 2:43:25 PM
thundercat2600 posted...
geneticsftw posted...
thundercat2600 posted...
fhsfootball74 posted...
Harsh reaction but I do agree to an extent, Sony and MS have massive sales right now on their digital stores, and steam summer sale is coming up.

Yup, it's like Nintendo WANTS to lose all relevance in the US. They're doing a good job at it so far.

Similar to your relevance on this board?

Funny, every time I post anything, you and the rest of the Nintendo Defense Force can't wait to respond to it. I'm extremely relevant on this board.

I like that, it makes me relevant too.
---
Sweet
#55overkillwfo1978Posted 7/4/2013 4:18:11 PM
VC is currently trash outside of 30 cent games.

Steam is the model all should follow.
XBL is at least trying, they've got a few good deals.
PSN+, while not really my cup of tea with it's yearly fee, is also making strides towards downloadable discounts.

Meanwhile, Nintendo lumbers behind with it's horribly overpriced 20-30 year old games that don't even benefit from upscaling or filters and newer e-shop titles that are usually full priced as if you were buying at the store and getting a physical product or some joke of a "sale" like 10-15% off.

I own a Wii U, but it is becoming more and more evident that the ONLY purchases I will make on this system are AAA 1st party exclusives, whenever the hell they will be released.

It's sad, I like the system. Nintendo needs to get with the times and actually compete against their competition. If this is the best they've got, they deserve to fail. I'm really glad I have a high end PC and don't have to rely on the Wii U as my only gaming source. That would be horrible at this point.
---
"Even if you go by the cheapest price the game has ever been anywhere, psn+ would still be cheaper by at least 3 fold". DemonDog on psn+ vs. Steam
#56Ryan SiPosted 7/4/2013 4:22:18 PM
Rockman043 posted...
God you guys are pathetic. Literally every other digital game retailer is doing sales except the one who's failing miserably at selling their console and games and you guys' only explanation is "You're spoiled"

Good lord this place is gold sometimes

I hear you. Almost every place has sales this week...and these sad, ignorant fanboys just continue to blindly defend every poor decision Nintendo makes. They'll be lucky to break GC sales. Oh...wait "but GC made a profit," lol, nobody cares except the execs making money off those sales and pathetic fanboys...
---
Currently Playing: Pikmin 2 (Wii), Pandora's Tower (Wii), Super Meat Boy (PC)
#57Mobius1RisingPosted 7/4/2013 4:29:24 PM
Americans got mega man x we in europe are still waiting.
---
Just a gamer,& an Ace combat fan.i also love the Hyperdimension Neptunia series.
#58overkillwfo1978Posted 7/4/2013 4:37:10 PM
Ghost-inZeShell posted...

SlimeSwayze posted...
Putting a handful of ancient games on sale for 30 cents over a period of several months is among the worst promotions I have ever seen.

Okay. Some would consider them classics, but I guess even priceless antique are just worthless junk to some people.

Especially considering it's Nintendo's 30th anniversary of being in the console business,
the whole "Best NES and SNES" thing actually makes sense.

Also, what is 30 now? Less than a third of an itune's song. Practically giving them away.

LOL. Have you seen the games on sale for 30 cents? Balloon Fight? Kirby? Hell the only two games worth the money were F-Zero and Super Metroid. What about charging $8 for Super Mario World and other SNES games? That is HORRIBLE. I bought Sleeping Dogs with all DLC off of Steam on a sale for $11.74. A recent game that is better than the last GTA and plays in full 1080p/60FPS for $3 more than a game released 22 years ago.

Defend all you want, and I actually own a Wii U and like Nintendo, but when they make horrible decisions, I will absolutely call them out on it and their online downloads have been the very definition of terrible. Literally every single company that does online game sales is doing it better than Nintendo... even Origin and Origin is horrible. Nintendo needs to step it up.
---
"Even if you go by the cheapest price the game has ever been anywhere, psn+ would still be cheaper by at least 3 fold". DemonDog on psn+ vs. Steam
#59GloryChaosPosted 7/4/2013 4:47:14 PM
The 30 cents games are all pretty good to be honest, with the exception of yoshi. I won't defend Balloon fighter though and I'll admit that I have some nostalgia for that game. The rest were all good titles.

Or would you rather play Vegas Stakes and Urban Champion?
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#60Rockman043(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 4:52:46 PM
GloryChaos posted...
The 30 cents games are all pretty good to be honest, with the exception of yoshi. I won't defend Balloon fighter though and I'll admit that I have some nostalgia for that game. The rest were all good titles.

Or would you rather play Vegas Stakes and Urban Champion?

I got my Wii u 3 weeks ago so I missed out on everything good. But I wouldn't rather play anything they've been releasing. Its all crap