4th of July, no sale and 1 new VC release

#91Sir_HaxorPosted 7/5/2013 8:22:19 PM
Just bought Sonic Generations on Steam for $7.50. Will try out the racing gaming for free tomorrow and Sunday and probably buy it for $7.50 as well. All the Sonic games are 75% off. Heck there is $30 deal for Sonic 1, 2, 3&K, CD, Spinball, 3D Blast, Mean Bean Machine, Sonic 4 Ep1+2, SADX, SA2B, SASASR, Racing transformed, and Generations will all DLC included.

Eshop sales are garbage.
---
Half naked teenage demon boy is as good as it gets- MetaLoki
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the SMTIV board
#92MelkacPosted 7/5/2013 8:54:11 PM
Why should they give a sale for a totally irrelevant day?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
#93overkillwfo1978Posted 7/5/2013 9:57:31 PM
Melkac posted...
Why should they give a sale for a totally irrelevant day?

Way to miss the point. Literally every other online download company is having some sort of a sale with huge discounts on games. What we are pointing out here is that, one thing we can count on, is Nintendo not even trying to please it's fan base and/or compete with their competition.

Has less to do with the day and more to do with "thanks for nothing, Nintendo"
---
"Even if you go by the cheapest price the game has ever been anywhere, psn+ would still be cheaper by at least 3 fold". DemonDog on psn+ vs. Steam
#94darkjedilinkPosted 7/6/2013 3:58:07 AM
overkillwfo1978 posted...
darkjedilink posted...
darkjedilink posted...
Now, I'm not going to pretend that I know 100% that Nintendo does or doesn't have influence on E-Shop pricing, but I highly doubt that they don't have any influence at all on the pricing of games on their shop. If this isn't the case, explain to me why games like SASR are $7.50 on Steam right now, and full price on the Nintendo E-Shop. Do you have proof that Nintendo has absolutely no influence on the pricing of 3rd party titles on it's shop or are you just letting us know what you "think" the situation is?

I don't know why Sega has the same game for two different prices. That's a question for sega.

As for proof of Nintendo's eShop pricing policy:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/18/nintendos-steams-up-the-wii-u-eshop

""That's what we love about the new eShop," said Haveri. "We have the power to price our products as we please, with just some basic guidelines from the big guys. The step to this is purely from Nintendos's side and they clearly see that [their] previous installments have not been up to par. We can set our own pricing and actually continuing on that by setting our own sales whenever we want. It is very close to what Apple and Steam are doing at the moment, and very indie friendly."

Yeah! For indie titles, that is not surprising. But what about the AAA titles that everyone wants to go on sale. Read the article for the amended link I posted above. Indie titles are not a threat to Nintendo's major games. Big AAA titles from 3rd parties are. If they decided to go 75% off on all of their games and Nintendo sat there with full priced stock, how do you think that would make Nintendo look. Why do you think the only titles you ever see on sale @ the e-shop are indies. Makes total sense...

Are you on drugs? Third-party games have almost ALWAYS been cheaper than Nintendo titles, yet Nintendo's games outsell third-party games by a crapton.

No. I believe it is you who needs to put down the pipe. There is a difference between being cheaper by 10-20% and being cheaper by 50-80%. If Sonic and All Stars Racing was $8 on the Wii U sitting right next to NSMBU for $60. Which one do you think would sell more? You honestly don't believe that Nintendo has any say at all when it comes to 3rd party AAA titles as far as how much they can discount? You are delusional.

So, a month and a half after most third-party games launch, when the title is now $20, doesn't fit into your "50 - 80%?" Compared to a $40-60 Nintendo game?

You not only ignore facts that have been commonplace since the NES days, you're ignoring the words of one of those third-party developers themselves that state you're wrong.

Yet I am the delusional one?
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#95overkillwfo1978Posted 7/6/2013 4:37:38 AM
@darkwhatever...

Nice to see you totally ignored my question on Sonic and All Stars Racing being $8 like it is on Steam next to a $60 Nintendo title.. what do you come back with? A vague statement of a $20 3rd party title (tell me, which $60 3rd party title went to $20 after a month and a half? I want to know.)

I am not ignoring any facts as you haven't listed any. You have only spouted off what amounts to your opinion of the situation (which is as wrong as wrong can be) and vague statements on prices, but never naming an actual game or sale to back up your claims.... and once again that "developer" you keep referring to is an indie developer. I already made the point that they likely fall under a different set of rules than AAA 3rd party devs do. What about the article I posted siting that a few of those non-indie developers said they cannot talk about E-shop pricing because of the NDA with Nintendo. That right there proves that Nintendo does, in fact have some degree of control.

Bottom line is that it is becoming more and more evident you don't know what you are talking about, consistently make vague statements with no proof and conveniently not answering the most crucial points that I post.

Delusional is putting it nicely.
---
"Even if you go by the cheapest price the game has ever been anywhere, psn+ would still be cheaper by at least 3 fold". DemonDog on psn+ vs. Steam
#96ZeroArcheryPosted 7/6/2013 4:56:01 AM
Bottom line is that it is becoming more and more evident you don't know what you are talking about, consistently make vague statements with no proof and conveniently not answering the most crucial points that I post.

"Baaahhh! Someone prove to me it's not "big daddy Ninty" demanding third parties be so expensiivvvee"

>darkjedi shows evidence

"B-b-b-but that's indie, sure that's irrelevant and it totally proved what I asked, butn ow I'mma just bash everyone in the thread and throw a tantrummmm!"
---
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua
#97darkjedilinkPosted 7/6/2013 5:11:31 AM
@darkwhatever...

Nice to see you totally ignored my question on Sonic and All Stars Racing being $8 like it is on Steam next to a $60 Nintendo title.. what do you come back with? A vague statement of a $20 3rd party title (tell me, which $60 3rd party title went to $20 after a month and a half? I want to know.)

I am not ignoring any facts as you haven't listed any. You have only spouted off what amounts to your opinion of the situation (which is as wrong as wrong can be) and vague statements on prices, but never naming an actual game or sale to back up your claims.... and once again that "developer" you keep referring to is an indie developer. I already made the point that they likely fall under a different set of rules than AAA 3rd party devs do. What about the article I posted siting that a few of those non-indie developers said they cannot talk about E-shop pricing because of the NDA with Nintendo. That right there proves that Nintendo does, in fact have some degree of control.

How am I supposed to know why Sega has the pricing different in different storefronts? This is actually a somewhat common practice - if something is on sale at Target, chances are the same item is NOT for sale at Walmart.

YOU have no proof that indie devs fall under different rulesets than bigger third-party games. As a matter of fact, you're making it up to support your argument in the face of proof that you're just plain wrong.

That NDA you spoke of? THE ARTICLE I POSTED TALKED ABOUT IT, TOO. You're grasping at straws to try and sound like you have a valid point, but you don't. We all see it.

Just accept that you're wrong, and bow out of an argument you can't win - since facts aren't on your side in any way - with some dignity.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#98P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 7/6/2013 5:24:31 AM
What is the point of the 4th of July? Does anyone know without looking it up?
---
NNID: Ko-san
"SUUUPERRR!"
#99darkjedilinkPosted 7/6/2013 5:25:54 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
What is the point of the 4th of July? Does anyone know without looking it up?

America's birthday party.
---
#100rockyminPosted 7/6/2013 5:42:57 AM
pokemega32 posted...
Rockman043 posted...
Nintendo of America

NoA refers to North America, not the U.S.

As in, it includes Canada.

It would make no sense to have an Independence Day sale in Canada.

Actually there is a Nintendo of Canada, Ltd.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_divisions_of_Nintendo#North_America

So, you're wrong.
---
"you cant call it piracy if they wont sell it to you in the first place." -Fallenswords
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile