So I finally got my copy of Melee to work again...

#1DTY3Posted 7/4/2013 11:34:37 AM
It's almost shocking how much faster paced that game is. And attacks have so much "punch" to them. And I can actually combo!!! But so can the A.I. Damn Ganondorf

I do like Brawl for it's content, music, and roster though...well mostly. They butchered Target Test and got rid of staples like Race to the Finish.

Im hopefull about Smash For Wii U. Being in between Melee and Brawl sounds a-ok to me. Hope they bring back all the fun game modes, including Board the Platforms from Smash 64.
---
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.
#2GloryChaosPosted 7/4/2013 11:41:54 AM
I really like brawl but I do miss a few things from melee, like the faster gameplay and Bowser's Koopa claw. I'm looking forward to Smash 4 and I want to see what Sakurai means by character customization. I prefer the melee events but I like some of brawl's other game modes like coin launcher (it's a huge time sink).

I also want to see an adventure mode that doesn't suck.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#3LewisrichPosted 7/4/2013 12:31:32 PM
Have you guys tried project m for brawl? It's the best of both games and is incredibly fun.
---
GT: LKR101
#4DTY3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 3:56:01 PM
Lewisrich posted...
Have you guys tried project m for brawl? It's the best of both games and is incredibly fun.

I cant. Brawl wont work on my Wii anymore anyway and I dont wanna do the unthinkable.
---
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.
#5DetectiveVaruPosted 7/4/2013 4:39:49 PM
DTY3 posted...
Lewisrich posted...

I cant. Brawl wont work on my Wii anymore anyway and I dont wanna do the unthinkable.

Unthinkable?
---
Favs: DKC2, S3&K, G:MOTW, VPW2, DJ:FFNY, F-Zero GX, VJ, RE4, Killer7, Okami, God Hand, DBZ:BT3, BBrawl, KOF98UM, Bayonetta, KOF2002UM, Vanquish, VF5FS
#6Dannyson97Posted 7/4/2013 4:47:39 PM
DetectiveVaru posted...
DTY3 posted...
Lewisrich posted...

Unthinkable?

Don't worry the Wii U can play Super Smash Bros Brawl better then the Wii can.
#7Luigi4PresidentPosted 7/4/2013 4:49:26 PM
But Brawl on U lacks the GCN controller (without buying the adapter product...)

Anyway, Sakurai even said he knew it was slower, and he said this one will be not as fast as Melee, but not as slow as Brawl
---
Everytime I find the key to success, somebody changes the locks.
#8DTY3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 6:57:02 PM
Luigi4President posted...
But Brawl on U lacks the GCN controller

And not a single **** was given.
---
#9t41tGjrPosted 7/4/2013 7:02:13 PM
But Brawl on U lacks the GCN controller (without buying the adapter product...)

Why not buy it. It really isn't that bad. You can learn another control style, too. It just takes some practice. I can understand wanting to continue with what works though (it's why I have a keyboard/mouse set up for my 360).
---
GT: t41tgjr
Owner of an ambassador Zelda Edition 3DS and will not be upgrading. >:(
#10Xenesis XenonPosted 7/4/2013 7:02:17 PM
DTY3 posted...
But Brawl on U lacks the GCN controller

And not a single **** was given.

B-B-But the GCN controller is the ONLY controller we can use till the end of time!

In all seriousness, I moved to a Classic Controller the second Brawl happened and I haven't looked back. I never minded the slower pace of Brawl either - it seemed nice and hit that sweet spot for 4P shenanigans.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.