So I finally got my copy of Melee to work again...

#11Bloodmoon77Posted 7/4/2013 6:04:21 PM
I remember loading up melee a few years back after not playing in forever. Imagine my surprise when I got to the end and ended up fighting both master hands. I was like O_O OH GOD. But I won of course.
---
http://i.imgur.com/NLLBk.png http://imgur.com/JQuijMV
http://i.imgur.com/aLHV8pU.png http://i.imgur.com/JDtmILf.jpg
#12DTY3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 6:15:46 PM
Xenesis Xenon posted...
DTY3 posted...
Luigi4President posted...
But Brawl on U lacks the GCN controller

And not a single **** was given.

B-B-But the GCN controller is the ONLY controller we can use till the end of time!

In all seriousness, I moved to a Classic Controller the second Brawl happened and I haven't looked back. I never minded the slower pace of Brawl either - it seemed nice and hit that sweet spot for 4P shenanigans.

I have a Pro Controller-shaped Classic Controller for Wii that I used for Brawl. It feels great, so I have no worries for Smash 4.

Brawl is a great game, but 4 player matches were just perfect in Melee IMO.

And yes, casual players could have fun too (without tripping, to boot)
---
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.
#13Faceman_Posted 7/4/2013 7:42:55 PM
The only bad thing about Brawl was the stupid ass target test they did. I don't want items and co op to break it and make the whole thing moot. I want specifically crafted stages catered to my characters skills.
#14DTY3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 6:51:47 PM
Faceman_ posted...
The only bad thing about Brawl was the stupid ass target test they did. I don't want items and co op to break it and make the whole thing moot. I want specifically crafted stages catered to my characters skills.

They also got rid of Race to the Finish and the Adventure mode sucked.

And they left out the awesome Melee Target Test theme for "Brawl Main Theme Remix #425"
---
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.
#15Luigi4PresidentPosted 7/5/2013 6:53:28 PM
DTY3 posted...
Xenesis Xenon posted...
DTY3 posted...
Luigi4President posted...
But Brawl on U lacks the GCN controller

And not a single **** was given.

B-B-But the GCN controller is the ONLY controller we can use till the end of time!

In all seriousness, I moved to a Classic Controller the second Brawl happened and I haven't looked back. I never minded the slower pace of Brawl either - it seemed nice and hit that sweet spot for 4P shenanigans.

I have a Pro Controller-shaped Classic Controller for Wii that I used for Brawl. It feels great, so I have no worries for Smash 4.

Brawl is a great game, but 4 player matches were just perfect in Melee IMO.

And yes, casual players could have fun too (without tripping, to boot)

I probably would use the CC if I had one... But I'm keeping my Wii around, so no worries
---
Everytime I find the key to success, somebody changes the locks.
#16FuzzyJelloPosted 7/5/2013 8:56:57 PM
For the record, you don't need to mod your Wii (U) in any way to launch Project M. In fact it's arguably easier if you use to mod-free method since you're essentially just rebooting the game. Project M doesn't replicate Melee to a t (It's not supposed to, it's still a "Melee's physics philosophy, Brawl as it's own game" mod, but it does bring back most of the speed and power of Melee's physics, as well as making a few welcome changes to character movesets. I'd definitely recommend giving it a whirl.

Yeah, I got back into the swing of it too playing a bunch of Melee again earlier this year- very fun, game deserves to see play 12 years later. Sadly Sakurai doesn't understand that the whole question of ideal speed is one of his own creation on the developer's end, because "casual" players didn't care about Melee's speed to begin with; they were either not thinking about it or were already so bad at the game that it didn't matter.
#17DTY3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 8:01:57 AM
FuzzyJello posted...
For the record, you don't need to mop your Wii (U) in any way to launch Project M. In fact it's arguably easier if you use to mop-free method since you're essentially just rebooting the game. Project M doesn't replicate Melee to a t (It's not supposed to, it's still a "Melee's physics philosophy, Brawl as it's own game" mod, but it does bring back most of the speed and power of Melee's physics, as well as making a few welcome changes to character movesets. I'd definitely recommend giving it a whirl.

Yeah, I got back into the swing of it too playing a bunch of Melee again earlier this year- very fun, game deserves to see play 12 years later. Sadly Sakurai doesn't understand that the whole question of ideal speed is one of his own creation on the developer's end, because "casual" players didn't care about Melee's speed to begin with; they were either not thinking about it or were already so bad at the game that it didn't matter.

I dont have a problem with mopping my Wii. I already did that years ago. I just cant play Brawl on it, period.
---
#18TrueBlue91Posted 7/6/2013 8:11:13 AM
DTY3 posted...
FuzzyJello posted...
For the record, you don't need to mop your Wii (U) in any way to launch Project M. In fact it's arguably easier if you use to mop-free method since you're essentially just rebooting the game. Project M doesn't replicate Melee to a t (It's not supposed to, it's still a "Melee's physics philosophy, Brawl as it's own game" mod, but it does bring back most of the speed and power of Melee's physics, as well as making a few welcome changes to character movesets. I'd definitely recommend giving it a whirl.

I dont have a problem with mopping my Wii. I already did that years ago. I just cant play Brawl on it, period.

Get the Brawl ISO then.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#19DTY3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 8:19:45 AM
Like I said. I cant really at this time (thats what i was hinting at with "unthinkable")

Maybe later down the road when I have the means to, but Melee is enough for me right now.
---
#20TrueBlue91Posted 7/6/2013 8:23:05 AM
DTY3 posted...
Like I said. I cant really at this time (thats what i was hinting at with "unthinkable")

I might be wrong about this, but I'm pretty sure it's 100% legal since you own a copy of the game.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me