"Super Mario Bros. on the NES was hard"

#1ashcrvPosted 7/4/2013 12:03:04 PM
I laugh like a maniac every time I see/hear people say that. I freakin beat the whole game when I was freakin 5 years old. It blows my mind that someone would find the game so hard that they can't beat it or hard at all. The only level to ever give me a really hard time was that repeating fortress where you had to take specific paths in order to complete it but even then I figured it out when I was 5. Are people really that terrible at games these days?
---
MY HAIR IS ON FIRE!
#2spartansbrotherPosted 7/4/2013 12:04:46 PM
yeah cause most games hold your hand all the way through now
---
*wipes brown*
#3GloryChaosPosted 7/4/2013 12:06:14 PM
People have always been terrible at games. In the 90s, people used to tell me that Dark Link was a really hard miniboss. He was a joke in Water Temple.

By the way, p4rgaming is a parody website. The article isn't real.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#4Dr_FacerPosted 7/4/2013 12:06:41 PM
ashcrv posted...
Are people really that terrible at games these days?

Yes, that is why games like Demons Souls and Dark Souls are considered "difficult" when they really aren't so that much.
#5TrueBlue91Posted 7/4/2013 12:06:57 PM
It's not that hard, but you did not beat it when you were 5. Don't give us that BS.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#6ashcrv(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 12:08:38 PM
TrueBlue91 posted...
It's not that hard, but you did not beat it when you were 5. Don't give us that BS.

I actually did. I can't prove it and I don't expect many people to believe me but I did it.
---
MY HAIR IS ON FIRE!
#7IokuaPosted 7/4/2013 12:09:37 PM
I beat the game at the age of four, of course after my dad showed me how to do it, so it is possible to beat it at five.

SMB isn't an easy game, but it's certainly not incredibly hard.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#8arvilinoPosted 7/4/2013 12:10:34 PM
I think it's more unforgiving than it is hard to the point you'll go through a few game overs to get a good feel for the controls and making certain jumps(like the notorious 8-1 jump) since game over means starting the whole game again.

Plus being good enough to not get hit as often makes the game far easier since you'll have the Fire Flower powerup most of the time which makes Hammer Bros a lot easier to deal with.

I'd wager you didn't beat it at 5 on your first play through did you?
#9ashcrv(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 12:13:20 PM
arvilino posted...
I think it's more unforgiving than it is hard to the point you'll go through a few game overs to get a good feel for the controls and making certain jumps(like the notorious 8-1 jump) since game over means starting the whole game again.

Plus being good enough to not get hit as often makes the game far easier since you'll have the Fire Flower powerup most of the time which makes Hammer Bros a lot easier to deal with.

I'd wager you didn't beat it at 5 on your first play through did you?

Of course I didn't beat it on my first try. I played the game a lot since I really didn't have anything else to do at that age and I eventually beat it.
---
MY HAIR IS ON FIRE!
#10m3dworldPosted 7/4/2013 12:14:56 PM
I beat it when I was -1, TC.
---
mario 3d world... from the makers of the best game ever.