"Super Mario Bros. on the NES was hard"

#11kalibre16Posted 7/4/2013 1:16:14 PM
arvilino posted...

I'd wager you didn't beat it at 5 on your first play through did you?

to be fair I don't think most could do it on their FIRST playthrough as the game (much like megaman) expects you to fail certain parts and then go "Well not doing that again" trial and error

But I could definitely vouch that a 5 year old could do it as I have seen it done firsthand (now if you are talking about playing every level then thats another story)
---
---
"A good essay is like a mini skirt its long enough to cover all the important stuff but still short enough to keep you interested"---
#12deathwave21Posted 7/4/2013 1:29:02 PM
Super Mario Bros was not that hard. Lost Levels on the other hand was very difficult. I just played Lost Levels and Ninja Gaiden on Wii VC. I played each game for about an hour and then switched off. I only made it to world 3 on Mario, yet ended up finishing NG. It would seem that SMB2 Japan is more difficult than NG.
---
Do you want to go to college for free? Go Marines!
#13WaruigiPosted 7/4/2013 1:34:40 PM
The level design in SMB isn't very hard, but the fact that you only have so many lives and a game over means starting over at the beginning means that it will take several tries to beat the game.
---
"I'm no longer surprised by how long and how earnestly people can talk about absolute rubbish." -shockwavepulsarjim
#14BloodychessPosted 7/4/2013 1:39:43 PM
I beat the game while it was still in development and I was still in the womb.
---
My pancakes are haunted, they give me the crepes!!
#15Banjo2553Posted 7/4/2013 1:42:12 PM
It was. It was one of my first games as a child and I had such a hard time with it.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#16geneticsftwPosted 7/4/2013 1:43:35 PM
TrueBlue91 posted...
It's not that hard, but you did not beat it when you were 5. Don't give us that BS.

---
Sweet
#17jackorhoadsPosted 7/4/2013 2:01:23 PM
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd
#18TKDBoy1889Posted 7/4/2013 2:13:17 PM
Super Marios Bros wasn't that hard, it just didn't hold your hand. You had to practice to get good at the game. Nowadays a lot of people claim a game is too hard if they die just a few times. I know some people like that. Die 2 or 3 times at a hard spot in a game and they're like "**** this, I quit! This game is way to freaking hard!"

These days a lot of games hold your hand. Both in telling you what to do AND where it lets you go. "Only go through this corridor, and press this button when prompted." Nowadays the gameplay itself tells you how to win a lot of the time.
#19XWolfOPosted 7/4/2013 2:15:37 PM
Yeah, it wasn't that hard. I doubt you beat it at 5, but if I could beat it at 8, I suppose that's possible too.
---
Don't hesitate. When the time comes, just act.
#20Wario_manPosted 7/4/2013 2:23:54 PM
I always end up beating the Sonic games but I always seems to hit the exact same enemies and fall off the same cliffs in Sonic I did when I was a kid.
Actually, I think I hit/fall in even more now.
---
PH1R57 1'lL G37 73H 7R345Ur3, 4nD 7h3N 1'lL G37 JoO.