GameStop complaint topic

#11FilthyLittleBoiPosted 7/4/2013 2:22:10 PM
blame nintendo for overpricing a rom disk. Seriously didn't even upgrade it like they did back on the SNES days.
#12UFOLochePosted 7/4/2013 2:24:33 PM
FilthyLittleBoi posted...
blame nintendo for overpricing a rom disk. Seriously didn't even upgrade it like they did back on the SNES days.

Glad I'm not the only one who sees the hilarity in that.
---
NNID:UFOLoche Skype:Viewtifulninja1
Legends never die!
#13IokuaPosted 7/4/2013 2:30:07 PM
FilthyLittleBoi posted...

You can't blame Nintendo for it, trollboi, the stupidity of the customer allows Nintendo to do such things. Don't blame the game, blame the player.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#14SoggyCornflake(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 5:25:04 PM
Okay guys c'mon, c'mon. I know it was an expensive purchase and a largely dumb one. I actually read a blurb on their site about getting the game case,

"Our pre-owned products are carefully tested, and are guaranteed to work and include the original box and instruction manual."

I see where you found those quotes though, too. :/

Also, I honestly couldn't find it cheaper anywhere in Canada. All of the Amazon ones were from the states, and the Canadian Amazon ones were insane. I just wanted to play the Lost Levels. :(
#15SoggyCornflake(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 5:26:23 PM
deathwave21 posted...
There is so much wrong with this, that I'm not sure where to begin. The game itself was inferior to the originals. If the version you got also includes super mario world, then it is some what of a bargain; as that 5 games for the price of one is a plus.

Why would you say they are inferior to the originals? I got it because I couldn't handle the horrible graphics and controls/physics coupled with the difficulty of the Lost Levels.
#16MilesTeg420Posted 7/4/2013 6:26:37 PM
SoggyCornflake posted...
Okay guys c'mon, c'mon. I know it was an expensive purchase and a largely dumb one. I actually read a blurb on their site about getting the game case,

"Our pre-owned products are carefully tested, and are guaranteed to work and include the original box and instruction manual."

I see where you found those quotes though, too. :/

Also, I honestly couldn't find it cheaper anywhere in Canada. All of the Amazon ones were from the states, and the Canadian Amazon ones were insane. I just wanted to play the Lost Levels. :(

Last I saw they were going for around $55 on ebay. Not sure if a seller would ship to Canada, but hey, it's your job to find out. I've shipped to Canada before.

I have a new copy of All Stars, I was just checking recently to see how much it was worth.
#17manmousePosted 7/4/2013 7:35:09 PM
SoggyCornflake posted...
deathwave21 posted...
There is so much wrong with this, that I'm not sure where to begin. The game itself was inferior to the originals. If the version you got also includes super mario world, then it is some what of a bargain; as that 5 games for the price of one is a plus.

Why would you say they are inferior to the originals? I got it because I couldn't handle the horrible graphics and controls/physics coupled with the difficulty of the Lost Levels.

1.) the graphics weren't horrible. they were 8bit but marvelously designed. especially SMB3, it's one of the best visually designed games around. it's like criticizing a black and white movie for looking horrible simply because it didn't have color, but not acknowledging the way they used shadows and lighting, the visual composition itself with the layout and shape designs etc. visual design has nothing to do with technology or lack thereof.

2.) the controls/physics are no different at all from the NES originals. if you can't handle the NES games, you can't handle All Stars.

i would say they're inferior though.
reason one, because the save game feature means you won't be replaying any levels, thus getting more and more skilled which ruins half the fun of turning on the game and being able to blast through the levels you've mastered and find all the secrets since you've gotten to know each level so well. also, knowing the secrets makes saving the game obsolete anyway. on SMB3 NES, any player can reach the final world in a couple minutes anyway just by finding the flute in the 3rd level, and the flute in the 1st castle, then beating world 1. from the start of world 2, use a flute to warp to world 7. from world 7, use the other flute to warp to world 8. there you go, end of the game. and SMB1 has warp zones so you can skip ahead easily. being able to save the game and never replaying levels means people won't have intuitive memorized knowledge.

reason two, because the visual updates are less tasteful than the original color palettes and such (much brighter and more pastel, while SMB1 and SMB3 were a bit more vivid and more neon with darker caves and such (while All Stars' cave areas are all lightened up and bright).
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b18HMqJW5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1-XWiMveY
#18Sharky8Posted 7/4/2013 8:19:33 PM
Of course he SHOULD have known before placing his order, but that doesn't change anything about Gamestop sucking.

1. They shouldn't charge that much to ship to Canada. It costs only about $7 to send a game from the US to Canada.
2. Gamestop is hurting the hobby by discarding cases and inserts for games, especially DS games, but also occasionally disc games. And in this case, discarding the outer cardboard for anniversary collections (like the Mario or Kirby collection). Gamestop has no respect for collectors/gamers who want the proper packaging.
3. It is very shady to say "may or may not include" because the buyer has no way of knowing for certain what he/she will receive. The natural inclination for a buyer in Canada would be to purchase from a huge retailer because that would seem more reputable than buying from an individual on ebay or Amazon marketplace. With the huge marketshare Gamestop has, they must be more responsible than this.
---
Keep the religious nonsense out of ALL signatures. We have an offtopic board for a reason.
#19Faceman_Posted 7/4/2013 8:29:07 PM
Next time use eBay. Gamestop is terrible both online and in store. Nothing like saying you want a game new and getting a gutted copy with a huge ****ing "NEW" sticker stuck on the INSERT.
#20IokuaPosted 7/4/2013 8:30:52 PM
Sharky8 posted...
Of course he SHOULD have known before placing his order, but that doesn't change anything about Gamestop sucking.

Not the issue, the issue is that he willingly paid, bare minimum, $55 for an eight megabyte rom that is on a system you can legally emulate in Canada.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.