It's interesting to see how hostile many board members are to easy games

#1MagnemightPosted 7/4/2013 12:28:24 PM
Particularly considering how the Kirby franchise is one of Nintendo's flagship series, which is designed for new gamers.
---
A.K.A. Magnemania.
Fritz0x8: I dont kno what sentient means | willingmess: Just know that the word does not describe you.
#2SmoshCuchPosted 7/4/2013 12:42:54 PM
Yeah, I've never really cared whether a game was easy or hard, if it was good. I've never played games for a challenge. I don't mind if a game is challenging, but that's not why I play; I play for fun. If a game is easy and fun, no problem.

Case in point: Okami. Probably the easiest game I have ever played (been playing since 2600), but also one of my favorites. The was virtually no challenge, but I didn't care, because I still had fun.

If I need a challenge, I have plenty of other ways to find one. I don't need it from a game.
#3The_Shadow_LinkPosted 7/4/2013 12:43:48 PM
End-Game Kirby is more brutal than Mario is. True Arena anyone?
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#4Magnemight(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 12:55:16 PM
The_Shadow_Link posted...
End-Game Kirby is more brutal than Mario is. True Arena anyone?

Hammer/Stone Kirby.

Though I personally found Jet Kirby to be the most enjoyable way to play through both Arenas, since it didn't do massive damage/break the game.
---
A.K.A. Magnemania.
Fritz0x8: I dont kno what sentient means | willingmess: Just know that the word does not describe you.
#5DarkFoxVPosted 7/4/2013 1:00:07 PM
think it's more due to confusion. Some Core gamers think that games will all be super easy. Other look at what was bad design choices back then and claim they were what made those games great. IWTBTG makes a nice parody of this.

But what some don't understand is that core games aren't going to die out and really aren't dying out. we're just seeing more Casual games rising up to appeal the other side of the industry. Both Core and Casual can and will continue to coexist together. I don't see neither side threating to wipe out the other unless the size of the casual market really bothers you.
---
"Legends never die"