Hypothetical: Wii U discontinued, Wii V planned for Summer 2014 release

#1AstralFrostPosted 7/4/2013 2:18:52 PM(edited)
Wii U support is dropped immediately in preparation of the first 9th gen console, the Wii V!

Wii V comes with the following features:
- equivalent or slightly better specs than PS4 and XB1 (hooray!)
- promise of full support from third party devs in the form of multiplats with PS4 and XB1 (yeah!)
- no announced third party exclusives (I is sad)
- not backwards compatible with and other Nintendo system (the new specs came at a cost sorry)
- Nintendo promises to release Wii V versions of existing Wii U games when they get around to it (please understand)
- gamepad upgraded to include a smell sensor for added interacitivty (for the lulz)

Launch titles include hot hits such as NSMBV, ZombiV and Monster Hunter 3 V!

What would you do? Would you buy Nintendo's new console or give them the finger?

Edit: Price will be $449.

---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#2rockyminPosted 7/4/2013 2:15:18 PM
I think at this point, Nintendo should drop the stupid Wii name if they released another console.
---
"you cant call it piracy if they wont sell it to you in the first place." -Fallenswords
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile
#3iKhanicPosted 7/4/2013 2:15:42 PM
No BC, no buy.

That's not always the case, but when I don't have a Wii U, and the launch titles are s***, I'd need BC to get me through.

That's the case with the PS4. If the PS4 were PS3 compatible, I would be a lot more inclined bo buy it.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#4FayeLadyPosted 7/4/2013 2:16:33 PM
Assuming they launch some sort of trade in program or other compensation I'd support it. In fact I would feel bad not supporting it after wishing they had a more competitive offering.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#5NovaLevossidaPosted 7/4/2013 2:17:12 PM
Nintendo and Microsoft would have consoles named too closely to each other and cause confusion, those being the Wii 180 and the Xbox 180. Zero confidence with Nintendo, no purchase, and I guess I'd have to be a Playstation and PC only gamer.
---
Sig under construction.
#6Tsutarja495Posted 7/4/2013 2:17:36 PM
I buy all Nintendo systems at launch. I must give Nintendo money.
#7AstralFrost(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 2:17:37 PM
Wow can't believe I forgot to mention pricing. The new console will cost $449. Cheaper than XB1 but more expensive than PS4 or Wii U.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#8HeroSandwichlolPosted 7/4/2013 2:18:04 PM
>equivalent or slightly better specs than PS4 and XB1

Stopped reading there
---
Ridley for SSB 4! Copy and paste this in your sig to spread the message!
We want Ridley!
#9thundercat2600Posted 7/4/2013 2:18:49 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#10iKhanicPosted 7/4/2013 2:19:05 PM
AstralFrost posted...
Wow can't believe I forgot to mention pricing. The new console will cost $449. Cheaper than XB1 but more expensive than PS4 or Wii U.

Definitely no buy. $400 is the price of no return for home consoles.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board