Hypothetical: Wii U discontinued, Wii V planned for Summer 2014 release

#21cavebear56Posted 7/4/2013 2:42:54 PM
Do they charge for online? If so, no. It not, I'll wait for a price drop just like I might get a PS4 in about 5 years (it might finally get some games worth playing by then...maybe. Probably not).

Until then I'd stick with PC.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#22BloodychessPosted 7/4/2013 2:50:05 PM
AstralFrost posted...
Bloodychess posted...
AstralFrost posted...
HeroSandwichlol posted...
>equivalent or slightly better specs than PS4 and XB1

Stopped reading there

Lol? Do you not want better specs or are you saying Nintendo can't manage it?

He's probably alluding to the fact that only fanboys care about specs in today's video game age.

Not sure how we could have a discussion about a future console without mention of their specs since it shows what they're capable of. If I had said "worse specs than Wii" people would immediately know that it would only be capable of less performance intensive games than Wii.

Which begs the question of why people would buy a hypothetical Wii V with Wii graphics. Consoles don't retrograde like that. All that aside, the only reason people dig up and research specs is so that they have something to hold over other people's heads, which in turn intrinsically justifies the console purchase. Fanboyism.
---
My pancakes are haunted, they give me the crepes!!
#23MotiJrPosted 7/4/2013 3:25:05 PM
No
---
Turns out I have one of Sony's lap dogs following me around on gamefaqs. If you see him, don't feed him. He has a bad temper and is easily upset :D
#24AiddonPosted 7/4/2013 3:38:31 PM
your fanfiction sucks
#25Beatperson14Posted 7/4/2013 3:53:44 PM
Lmao please understand
#26AstralFrost(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 4:12:49 PM
Bloodychess posted...
Which begs the question of why people would buy a hypothetical Wii V with Wii graphics.

You just answered your own question. People wouldn't want to buy a worse console so I was making it clear that its an upgrade from the Wii U and is potentially better than PS4 and XB1.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#27FFXIgaiaknightPosted 7/4/2013 4:30:12 PM(edited)
its a nice vision TC but even if nintendo made the most powerful system ever released 3rd parties still wouldnt support it simply cause there games dont sell on nintendo systems cause it snot what the nintendo fanbase wants. Also do you have something against 3rd party exclusives and if so why?
---
3DS FC: 4124-5007-1536
NNI: Gaiaknight
#28AstralFrost(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 6:40:56 PM
Aiddon posted...
your fanfiction sucks

It was supposed to be something that could actually happen not the perfect world ideal. Feel free to make your own topic though and I'll be happy to come along and provide my opinion.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#29Xcalibur02Posted 7/4/2013 6:43:33 PM
Wii 5?

eh...still a better name than Xbox One.
---
Prime Minister of the Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Board
Grammar: The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****
#30AstralFrost(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 6:44:43 PM
Xcalibur02 posted...
Wii 5?

eh...still a better name than Xbox One.

Not 5, V. As in the next one after U. Or V for Victory. Or whatever else you can come up with. :)
---