Pachter Says: "Why Would Anybody Buy A Wii U?"

#51jmichaelbpPosted 7/4/2013 4:16:50 PM
FilthyLittleBoi posted...
Got one last post left :)

Just an FYI, I also have a neogaf account (find out who I am there for a prize!) and you guys are definitely blowing the love for the game out of proportion lol. People are way more impressed by things like Deep Down and Dark Sorcerer demo lol. X just looks about where we would expect something with wii u hardware to be.

But hey, if it helps you justify your wii u purchase then good on ya :)

Are you the user "Heavy"?
---
http://images.wikia.com/fallout/images/d/da/Randy_Pitchford.jpg <------ Liar http://i.imgur.com/2z9p9L7.gif
#52Ryan SiPosted 7/4/2013 4:17:39 PM
Why so butthurt? He has a point. Wii U is and will be basically a Nintendo-machine.

Once the other systems from Sony and Microsoft hit, third-party support is going to be even more non-existent than it already is. Nothing wrong with being a niche system....from the sound of it Nintendo fans don't want these kinds of third-party games as all they do is talk crap about them...yet when they hear reality like Wii U is going to be a Nintendo-only machine...they cry and moan. Pathetic.
---
Currently Playing: Pikmin 2 (Wii), Pandora's Tower (Wii), Super Meat Boy (PC)
#53FFXIgaiaknightPosted 7/4/2013 4:18:33 PM

Just an FYI, I also have a neogaf account (find out who I am there for a prize!) and you guys are definitely blowing the love for the game out of proportion lol. People are way more impressed by things like Deep Down and Dark Sorcerer demo lol. X just looks about where we would expect something with wii u hardware to be.

well ya deep down and the sorcerer demo looked amazing and im super excited for the PS4 but specs alone dont make a game look beautiful take Xenoblade for example that game was made on Wii craptastic hardware but many still consider it a beautiful game.
---
3DS FC: 4124-5007-1536
NNI: Gaiaknight
#54Baha05Posted 7/4/2013 4:19:27 PM
Ryan Si posted...
Why so butthurt? He has a point. Wii U is and will be basically a Nintendo-machine.

Once the other systems from Sony and Microsoft hit, third-party support is going to be even more non-existent than it already is. Nothing wrong with being a niche system....from the sound of it Nintendo fans don't want these kinds of third-party games as all they do is talk crap about them...yet when they hear reality like Wii U is going to be a Nintendo-only machine...they cry and moan. Pathetic.

He really doesn't have a point at all though. On top of that the Wii U has the 3rd party support, it's just lazy support. Which personally there are some 3rd party games I want and some I don't want on this system.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#55jmichaelbpPosted 7/4/2013 4:21:13 PM
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
Moderation on neogaf is very strict but i consider that a good thing i dont think i have seen a site where bans are handed out so much lol

Indeed.

I think Boi might be the user "Heavy".
Both have criticized X's graphics, comparing to other games like Deep Down and the Dark Sorcerer tech demo and since he's a little boi, obviously his avatar pic would be from a cartoon.
---
http://images.wikia.com/fallout/images/d/da/Randy_Pitchford.jpg <------ Liar http://i.imgur.com/2z9p9L7.gif
#56confettistormPosted 7/4/2013 4:36:00 PM
Dstylez2 posted...
To play the 100th Mario Rehash of course!

And this is different from "an all new next gen COD" with the same gameplay and graphics engine in what way?
#57El_ZaggyPosted 7/4/2013 4:45:17 PM
I'm with Pachter for this,

I mean, The console is clearly underpowered, developers laughing at it and they dont want to develop anything for it. Nintendo clearly missed the boat and is clearly disconnected from the gamers.

The wii had the gimmick 'wow' factor that made the system sells a lot. Most gamers who got a wii realized how that gimmick wasnt worth it. Now nintendo tried to same thing with a tablet except they failed. They failed on many points. The performance/price ratio isnt great. You pay a lt for a current gen console. The 3rd party studios arent interested in it so no great games on it. Ther 1st party games arent surprising, new, fun nor great. Its just rehashes after rehashes.

Currently the wii u sells (poorly tho) because of the fanboys. But blind fanboys starts to get common sense... and nintendo is losing ground faster than they predicted. Aslo they are starting to make some a-moves towrd the gaming community and that doesnt help

Why buy a wii u ? there is no reason to buy one. I cant find any. that is why the wii u has poor sales.
#58DiscostewSMPosted 7/4/2013 4:46:27 PM
jmichaelbp posted...
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
Moderation on neogaf is very strict but i consider that a good thing i dont think i have seen a site where bans are handed out so much lol

Indeed.

I think Boi might be the user "Heavy".
Both have criticized X's graphics, comparing to other games like Deep Down and the Dark Sorcerer tech demo and since he's a little boi, obviously his avatar pic would be from a cartoon.

Technically, the Sorcerer demo is remarkable, but it's basically a cut-scene, executed to run as the script says, allowing no altering from user input. You're watching a video, even if it is real-time. Nothing more. The absence of anything game-related is what allows it to focus on only what the scene requires, using far less power than what would be required had it been actual gameplay. That's why I felt Sony's showing at E3 was sad. They showed so many "cutscenes" that people don't know exactly what they'll be getting. They only know that "hey, the game looks great" when they weren't watching a game at all.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#59RainingMetalPosted 7/4/2013 4:47:32 PM
If the fanboys do rescind their investments though, then the unimaginative businesses will take over.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cJNpPN6AO8
Steam Account: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197964001631
#60F31LeopardPosted 7/4/2013 5:14:18 PM(edited)
jmichaelbp posted...

Are you the user "Heavy"?

I'm assuming he's Heyt because they both have similar initial posts to this topic which is also on GAF.

Heyt
"3DS has that, it's cheaper and has a more matured and varied catalog. If you just want Nintendo games, it's the best option you have."

---
PSN:AE86CorollaLevin, NN ID:AE86CorollaLevin, XBL:AE86CorollaGTS