Wii U Sponsors ITV 4's Tour de France 2013 Coverage

#1YamiYugi4400Posted 7/4/2013 3:14:53 PM
http://mynintendonews.com/2013/07/04/wii-u-sponsors-itv-4%E2%80%B2s-tour-de-france-2013-coverage/

Nintendo has taken its marketing to the next level by sponsoring this year’s Tour de France event. The company has positioned that Wii U as the official sponsor of the Tour de France 2013 on British television channel, ITV 4. The event is said to draw an audience of 3.5 billion people at its peak. There are two channels providing converge of the event, ITV 4 and EuroSport, which runs from Saturday 29th June – Sunday 21st July 2013.
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#2wingo84Posted 7/4/2013 3:16:26 PM
Wii U... being advertised?????
---
NNID - Wingo84
Learning the flute/Contemplating buying a 3DS
#3MotiJrPosted 7/4/2013 3:18:47 PM
Good to see they're advertising it in the UK. Barely see any ads.
---
Turns out I have one of Sony's lap dogs following me around on gamefaqs. If you see him, don't feed him. He has a bad temper and is easily upset :D
#4FilthyLittleBoiPosted 7/4/2013 3:23:14 PM
MotiJr posted...

well after that spectacular first ad why would they need more!
#5The_Shadow_LinkPosted 7/4/2013 3:24:18 PM
For those that don't know. ITV 4 is essentially the 28th channel on UK Freeview TV. The leading channels are BBC 1 and BBC 2 (British Broadcasting Channel, no adverts) ITV 1 and Channel 4 (And 5 but no one cares for 5). Ahead of it are ITV 2, BBC 3, BBC 4, ITV 3, Pick TV, Dave, Channel 4 +1, More 4, Film 4, QVC, Really, 4 Music, Yesterday, VIVA, THEN you get to ITV 4.

So yeah, it exists. But it's not that high up in the British TV food chain. ITV 1 coverage or even ITV 2 would be a lot better.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#6FilthyLittleBoiPosted 7/4/2013 3:25:34 PM
The_Shadow_Link posted...
For those that don't know. ITV 4 is essentially the 28th channel on UK Freeview TV. The leading channels are BBC 1 and BBC 2 (British Broadcasting Channel, no adverts) ITV 1 and Channel 4 (And 5 but no one cares for 5). Ahead of it are ITV 2, BBC 3, BBC 4, ITV 3, Pick TV, Dave, Channel 4 +1, More 4, Film 4, QVC, Really, 4 Music, Yesterday, VIVA, THEN you get to ITV 4.

So yeah, it exists. But it's not that high up in the British TV food chain. ITV 1 coverage or even ITV 2 would be a lot better.

im guessing nintendo couldnt afford to go higher what with the wii u sales...
#7MotiJrPosted 7/4/2013 3:33:25 PM
FilthyLittleBoi posted...
MotiJr posted...

What are you rambling on about now?
---
Turns out I have one of Sony's lap dogs following me around on gamefaqs. If you see him, don't feed him. He has a bad temper and is easily upset :D
#8Dr_Koopa76Posted 7/4/2013 3:35:35 PM
There's a doping joke to be made. Just can't think of a good one
---
3DS FC: 1203-9216-5732/PSN: Lazykarl24
http://i.imgur.com/vGM0GJd.jpg
#9FilthyLittleBoiPosted 7/4/2013 3:36:29 PM
MotiJr posted...
MotiJr posted...

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/10/22/nintendo-airs-first-wii-u-advert-in-uk-features-flurry-of-spin/

lol
#10MotiJrPosted 7/4/2013 4:24:21 PM
MotiJr posted...
MotiJr posted...

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/10/22/nintendo-airs-first-wii-u-advert-in-uk-features-flurry-of-spin/

lol

That ad was awesome! Light hearted, funny and got the point across. You're right, they don't need moe ads when they can make more based on that one
---