Getting a Wii U soon, advice/tips/recommendations?

#1RotflsPosted 7/4/2013 3:54:14 PM
So I'll probably be getting a Wii U in about a week. The main appeal of it for me is, replacing my Wii (original Wii disc drive broke) and transferring my Virtual Console titles like Ocarina of Time, Nintendo exclusives (MH3U and of course classics like Mario/Zelda/SSB/DK... etc) and having a system to hold me out till some new PS3 games come out and of course the PS4. Wondering if you guys have any advice, tips, or recommendations on system settings, preferences, games to get and things like that. Looks like I'll be getting a Deluxe, Wii Remote Plus, Pro Controller and MH3U. What do you guys think?
---
Lawl.
http://sexyweaboo.tumblr.com/ NSFW
#2SnoicFactorPosted 7/4/2013 3:55:17 PM
dont buy it honestly.. wait till holiday when price drops and actual good games come out
---
nt
#3Rotfls(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 3:57:40 PM
SnoicFactor posted...
dont buy it honestly.. wait till holiday when price drops and actual good games come out

The itch I have to play MH3U is unreal. I would like to wait for a price drop, but reading around it seems like that is unlikely.
---
Lawl.
http://sexyweaboo.tumblr.com/ NSFW
#4ADHDguitarPosted 7/4/2013 3:58:26 PM
Sounds good.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#5SnoicFactorPosted 7/4/2013 4:04:21 PM(edited)
Rotfls posted...
SnoicFactor posted...

The itch I have to play MH3U is unreal. I would like to wait for a price drop, but reading around it seems like that is unlikely.

It has terrible controls...It's an old ass port. You really that desperate? If you have a 3ds get that version. It's the same, but lacks online and worse graphics. I'm trying to save you from disappointment. The reason I have a wii u, was because someone offered me a brand new zombie u bundle in february for $260. I wish I were wrong, but paying $350, or upwards of almost $500 like you are about to do is a bad idea. It's just not worth it.
---
nt
#6PigfartsPosted 7/4/2013 4:08:20 PM
Rotfls posted...
SnoicFactor posted...

I got it just for MH3U.

My tip see iftarget still has the basic for 240, dont waste money on a delux unless you plan on buy a lot of VC games for th discount.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#7MarioMan847Posted 7/4/2013 4:09:06 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#821_21Posted 7/4/2013 4:14:12 PM
MarioMan847 posted...
Honestly, you shouldn't listen to the general negativity that's going around about this system. There are plenty of reasons to own a Wii U right now, and there will be even more when the holiday season comes and the console will have a steady stream of software.

What are those plenty of reasons? There's barely 3 or 4 games worth getting, and that's even if your taste is broad enough. And more games available on eshop? Same issue.

TC you're not really making a mistake by buying a WiiU right now, but I agree with the poster above. Wait til the holiday season if you can when more high quality games will be available.
---
Currently playing:
Virtue's Last Reward, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Project X Zone, and Gods Eater Burst
#9BosSBaerPosted 7/4/2013 4:37:22 PM
Rotfls posted...
So I'll probably be getting a Wii U in about a week. The main appeal of it for me is, replacing my Wii (original Wii disc drive broke) and transferring my Virtual Console titles like Ocarina of Time, Nintendo exclusives (MH3U and of course classics like Mario/Zelda/SSB/DK... etc) and having a system to hold me out till some new PS3 games come out and of course the PS4. Wondering if you guys have any advice, tips, or recommendations on system settings, preferences, games to get and things like that. Looks like I'll be getting a Deluxe, Wii Remote Plus, Pro Controller and MH3U. What do you guys think?

Good investment. It's a 8th gen console. Try look on local but and sell. People should be letting them go for fairly cheap. I just got a deluxe, pro controller, Mario U and Blops 2 for $280.00. I am in the same boat as you with regards to MH. I did play the hell outta it on Wii. I'm going to hold off till Pikmin though. But back to my first sentence, IT'S A GOOD INVESTMENT!
---
// Collector of retro video games & collector editions //
Music rocks listen to it.
#10MotiJrPosted 7/4/2013 4:39:25 PM
Don't come back here once you have one. Seriously, all you'll find here are trolls and they will just take time away from gaming. Also, MH3U is my first MH and it is excellent. Got 200+ hours and only HR7.
---
Turns out I have one of Sony's lap dogs following me around on gamefaqs. If you see him, don't feed him. He has a bad temper and is easily upset :D