If Nintendo only published 1st party games, would you still buy a Wii U?

#1tact_coyotePosted 7/4/2013 9:14:43 PM
Some people have complaining about the Wii U's lack of third party support, so i'm curious as to how this board would react to this question.

As for me personally ,I would since i'm going to buy a PS4 so I would just get 3rd party games on there, and even if I couldn't, I would still buy it.
---
"Everything is teetering on the edge of everything."
Currently playing:
#2Wiiplayer111Posted 7/4/2013 9:16:04 PM
If they only published 1st party games, W101, Bayonetta, M+S at the Olympics, and maybe Sonic Lost World wouldn't be coming out.
---
Look at you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#3Holy_OblivionPosted 7/4/2013 9:58:19 PM
Already have one and yes. Pikmin 3 and smash bros alone are worth it.
---
Visit my youtube page for game and anime vlogs, and plenty of other stuff:
http://www.youtube.com/user/BaoZakeruga?show_guided_help=1
#4ImGanondorfLolPosted 7/4/2013 9:58:44 PM
Considering I only bought one 3rd party game on the Wii, yes. Though it would make me disappointed and hopeless about Nintendo's future.
#5plasticman13Posted 7/4/2013 10:00:10 PM
How is the scenario depicted in your question any different than what's going on right now?
---
For the latest news on Kingdom Hearts 3 with interviews, e-mails, etc. with the development staff, please visit:
http://bit.ly/g917a5
#6NovaLevossidaPosted 7/4/2013 10:04:13 PM
plasticman13 posted...
How is the scenario depicted in your question any different than what's going on right now?

^ That. Honestly, anyone looking for non-Nintendo titles on a Nintendo system is going to be disappointed. This isn't the NES and SNES era anymore.
---
Sig under construction.
#7LordBowserPosted 7/5/2013 5:49:30 AM
Yes, it's basically the only reason I buy a Wii U as it is. Most third party games don't interest me, those that do don't offer anything special for Nintendo, and play better on a PC than on any other console.

Nintendo's first party exclusives carry the system to incredibly heights, and if they chose to go that route, it would literally be all they needed to be extremely successful and possibly even top the market.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#8tact_coyote(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 10:34:03 AM
NovaLevossida posted...
plasticman13 posted...

^ That. Honestly, anyone looking for non-Nintendo titles on a Nintendo system is going to be disappointed. This isn't the NES and SNES era anymore.

Well, to be fair to release some 3rd party games that some people might be interested in.
---
"Everything is teetering on the edge of everything."
Currently playing:
#9FayeLadyPosted 7/5/2013 10:38:47 AM
Not at the current price point. No more than I would pay that kind of money for an EA or Activision only box.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#10gotsporkPosted 7/5/2013 11:05:18 AM
what, do you mean what if nintendo didn't publish third party games? because they don't. if they did, they wouldn't be 3rd party.

I mean, it is impossible for nintendo (or sony or Microsoft) to publish 3rd party games.
---
mreow!
spork for president - metroid composite