Miyamoto: "Wii U development requires twice the amount of human resources

#1WaffleRobotPosted 7/5/2013 10:40:42 AM
Shigeru Miyamoto said during a recent investor Q&A that the switch to Wii U development – HD visuals and all – “requires about twice the human resources than before.” Nintendo “may have underestimated the scale of this change and as a result”, which caused games to remain in development longer than expected. Miyamoto now feels that Nintendo is just about past some of these initial difficulties, however.

"When it comes to the scale of software development, Wii U with HD graphics requires about twice the human resources than before. Please allow me to explain that we may have underestimated the scale of this change and as a result, the overall software development took more time than originally anticipated just as we tried to polish the software at the completion phase of development. However, we are almost out of this phase, and we are also trying to create something unique utilizing an easier development approach called “Nintendo Web Framework.”

http://nintendoeverything.com/interstitial.php?url=http://nintendoeverything.com/127600/miyamoto-says-wii-u-development-requires-twice-the-amount-of-human-resources-than-before/
#2BuretsuPosted 7/5/2013 10:42:49 AM
Wii U released far too early confirmed.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#3XenilPosted 7/5/2013 10:44:31 AM
Everywhere else has been working with HD for years, how can they not be prepared for this?
#4MilesTeg420Posted 7/5/2013 10:45:20 AM
Just confirms what we have all expected, that Nintendo was unprepared. It's their first HD console, and has capability greater than 360/PS3. Still though they should have been ready, especially as Wii first party support was mostly dead by early 2011.
#5vashtrichamPosted 7/5/2013 10:45:36 AM
Just shows how far behind the times Nintendo is
---
Injustice Main: Superman, Flash
Subs : Green Lantern, Shazam
#6GradyHooverPosted 7/5/2013 10:47:21 AM
Xenil posted...
Everywhere else has been working with HD for years, how can they not be prepared for this?

I know, right? Did they not do any research at all? They truly live in their own little world over there. There's a whole REST of the industry to consider, guys...
---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games
#7Helmsly2008Posted 7/5/2013 10:49:09 AM
Xenil posted...

exactly what I was thinking.
#8GloryChaosPosted 7/5/2013 10:50:22 AM
I wonder what Pandaman has to say about this now.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#9FayeLadyPosted 7/5/2013 10:52:14 AM
That is actually pretty reasonable. Inexperience is much easier to forgive than incompetence.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#10NovaLevossidaPosted 7/5/2013 10:54:32 AM
FayeLady posted...
That is actually pretty reasonable. Inexperience is much easier to forgive than incompetence.

Not really. It's incompetence when you had about 8 years to prepare for it with examples from your competitors and still can't do it right.
---
Sig under construction.