Chance of a Pikmin 3 demo?

#11Waggy17Posted 7/6/2013 12:53:27 PM
DBPanterA posted...
gintu394 posted...
What are the chances we get a Pikmin 3 demo? Has anything been said about one?

I have played this game and will play it again today.

You most likely will have to visit a Nintendo WIi U Summer Tour location (currently Minneapolis and Chicago, later this month Boston and Hollywood).

If you have questions and want to know something, I can tell you about it. Pikmin 3 looks great, it is fun, it is definitely a mote and chuck game. I still haven't beat Pikmin 2 (put about 4 hours into it). I plan on beating Pikmin 2 this month before picking up Pikmin 3.

Yo, Minny! I actually just started playing Pikmin 2 a few weeks ago, and I beat it either late last week or early this week. I actually thought it was harder despite the lack of a day limit. Let me know what you think.

As far as a demo, I don't see it happening. First, Nintendo doesn't typically release demos for personal use. Second, demos typically hurt sales, which is what I think every time someone says there's no excuse for Nintendo to release the E3 demos. There's a definite difference between whether they can or should release the demos
---
PSN/NNID - Waggy777
http://www.youtube.com/user/waggystg
#12DBPanterAPosted 7/6/2013 1:12:55 PM
Waggy17 posted...
DBPanterA posted...
gintu394 posted...
What are the chances we get a Pikmin 3 demo? Has anything been said about one?

I have played this game and will play it again today.

You most likely will have to visit a Nintendo WIi U Summer Tour location (currently Minneapolis and Chicago, later this month Boston and Hollywood).

If you have questions and want to know something, I can tell you about it. Pikmin 3 looks great, it is fun, it is definitely a mote and chuck game. I still haven't beat Pikmin 2 (put about 4 hours into it). I plan on beating Pikmin 2 this month before picking up Pikmin 3.

Yo, Minny! I actually just started playing Pikmin 2 a few weeks ago, and I beat it either late last week or early this week. I actually thought it was harder despite the lack of a day limit. Let me know what you think.

As far as a demo, I don't see it happening. First, Nintendo doesn't typically release demos for personal use. Second, demos typically hurt sales, which is what I think every time someone says there's no excuse for Nintendo to release the E3 demos. There's a definite difference between whether they can or should release the demos

Waggy!

I finally finished my insane Legend of Zelda: Oracle game adventure and honestly can say Oracle of Ages is a top 3 Zelda game.

I bought Pikmin 2 for $20 as a Nintendo Select game. I think I put up my thoughts on Pikmin 3 over at the & clan web-site in the Nintendo Wii U Summer Tour thread.

You are right about demos. I understand that people want to play these games. However, there has never been a positive correlation between releasing a demo and actual sales, which is what matters most. Simply put, companies in the video game industry want to make money. People don't see a demo for Madden or Call or Duty, because those games sell. I truthfully do not think Rayman will sell on the Wii U because people pretty much got a game for free, why pay $60 to play something most have already played. If a consumer is on the fence for a game, they can watch videos, read reviews, rent the game, etc. People need to remember the video game industry specialized in entertainment and they want consumer's dollar. These companies are not here to give you a good deal or put a smile in your face.

A similar point I like to bring up is how in the up until the mid 1990s, most people pumped quarters into arcade machines. I have read stories about the Pac-man, one of the most famous arcade machines out there, where they would have to empty the machine of quarters several times a day and some businesses would report making $500 on that game a day. I know I probably spent hundreds of dollars in the arcades. This is why I don't see an issue with DLC. The business model has simply changed.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#13Ghost-inZeShellPosted 7/6/2013 1:31:02 PM
I would really like it to be available for download from the eShop, but seeing as we are less than a month from release, I think Nintendo will just stick to demos are the kiosks at Best Buy and various conventions.
---
What is red, blue yellow, purple, white, pink, rock, and can fly?
#14metalXgearPosted 7/10/2013 2:46:33 PM
Pikmin 3 is less than a month away, we waited about 9 years for it, we are so close that a demo doesn't even matter at this point.
---
Wii Console: 0917 6760 4711 4172
Wii nick name: Luis
#15Pete41608Posted 7/14/2013 9:34:39 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]