Why Iwata refuses to lay off staff.

#1BeanBeanKingdomPosted 7/5/2013 2:16:32 PM
http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/5/4496512/why-nintendos-satoru-iwata-refuses-to-lay-off-staff

Living proof at least one CEO is still capable of human feelings.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#2LordBowserPosted 7/5/2013 2:21:34 PM
Wow... suddenly, I have a huge amount of respect for Iwata when I didn't really have any strong feelings about him either way before. How often do you run across a CEO willing to do something honorable or with integrity like this, let alone at the apparent risks he's taking in doing so? And it's not even just about that, it's an intelligent decision. He's thinking long term rather than short term, and that's a kind of thinking we should all adapt.

You sure as f*** wouldn't see this happen in America. (and this is coming from an American, so please don't take this as a bash towards America, but rather the corporations here)
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#3SpookyryuPosted 7/5/2013 2:24:00 PM
BeanBeanKingdom posted...
http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/5/4496512/why-nintendos-satoru-iwata-refuses-to-lay-off-staff

Living proof at least one CEO is still capable of human feelings.

but trolls would say nooo they have to fire everyone because the poor sales, I approve everything that Iwata is doing
#4squatch22Posted 7/5/2013 2:24:01 PM
Thats why Iwata is so great as a boss.
---
Nintendo stock: 11,630 - Sony stock: 2,166
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#5BeanBeanKingdom(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 2:27:13 PM
LordBowser posted...
Wow... suddenly, I have a huge amount of respect for Iwata when I didn't really have any strong feelings about him either way before. How often do you run across a CEO willing to do something honorable or with integrity like this, let alone at the apparent risks he's taking in doing so? And it's not even just about that, it's an intelligent decision. He's thinking long term rather than short term, and that's a kind of thinking we should all adapt.

You sure as f*** wouldn't see this happen in America. (and this is coming from an American, so please don't take this as a bash towards America, but rather the corporations here)

He also halved his own salary and reduced that of a few other top executives back when he decided to give the 3DS a price cut. No lay offs nor salary cuts to any regular employees then either.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#6AceMosPosted 7/5/2013 2:28:30 PM
where is endgaem to coemi n and compaire iwata to anincarantion of pure evil

and then say that this is part of his pmaster plan of evil
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#7MilesTeg420Posted 7/5/2013 2:28:35 PM
Letting staff go would be a huge mistake.
#8BeanBeanKingdom(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 2:29:43 PM
AceMos posted...
where is endgaem to coemi n and compaire iwata to anincarantion of pure evil

and then say that this is part of his pmaster plan of evil

He'll be here soon enough. I put Iwata in the title so his radar must've been set off by now.
---
#9TKDBoy1889Posted 7/5/2013 2:29:57 PM
I agree with his take. Employees who are fearful of being laid off or fired because of lackluster sales probably won't have the same mindset to maximize their creativity. An afraid employee is never going to be able to work at 100%. They'll rush, struggle, and more likely make mistakes.
#10LordBowserPosted 7/5/2013 2:30:26 PM
BeanBeanKingdom posted...
LordBowser posted...

He also halved his own salary and reduced that of a few other top executives back when he decided to give the 3DS a price cut. No lay offs nor salary cuts to any regular employees then either.

I knew about that, but I figured that was about Japanese honor and shame. While that was a big deal, this is an even bigger one for me. What he does to himself is one thing, what he does for others is a much bigger deal to me. Just my two coins.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!