Nintendo is not working on a Metroid game right now

#1MarioMan847Posted 7/5/2013 4:25:25 PM(edited)
From a Gameinformer interview.

http://nintendoeverything.com/127643/miyamoto-on-metroid-could-return-to-mario-galaxy-single-player-mario-possible-mobile-games-more/

"We don’t have anything that we’re working on that we can discuss probably. But we’ve always- just as we do with all of our franchises- have people who are looking at what they can do next, even with the Metroid franchise as well. So hopefully, at some point, we’ll be able to announce it."

Thoughts? I think Retro should just make Prime 4 after they're done with Tropical Freeze. lol
---
Video games are awesome.
#2arvilinoPosted 7/5/2013 4:26:46 PM
Could be one of those secret games they're apparently not revealing yet to prevent copying,(though in that case it might not be a Metroid Prime series).
#3BuretsuPosted 7/5/2013 4:27:14 PM
I'm hoping that someone is making a proper, side-scrolling Metroid game for the 3DS, with Prime 4 coming eventually.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#4BeanBeanKingdomPosted 7/5/2013 4:28:01 PM
MarioMan847 posted...
Thoughts? I think Retro should just make Prime 4 after they're done with Tropical Freeze. lol

Enough with Prime! Retro needs to make something new with a Nintendo IP they haven't worked on yet or a completely new IP!
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#5LordrvPosted 7/6/2013 1:08:47 AM
I want to see a Samus hostess club game with bondage scenarios where the player takes on the role Adam and responsible for disciplining Samus. The customers can be the grunts and marines from Other M.
#6Oni_TaedoPosted 7/6/2013 1:15:37 AM
Lordrv posted...
I want to see a Samus hostess club game with bondage scenarios where the player takes on the role Adam and responsible for disciplining Samus. The customers can be the grunts and marines from Other M.

So pretty much Other M, only not as subtle about the sexism.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
#7overkillwfo1978Posted 7/6/2013 1:17:40 AM
How does "don't have anything we can discuss, probably" equate to "Nintendo is not working on a Metroid game"? Nintendo never talks about anything they are working on.
---
"Even if you go by the cheapest price the game has ever been anywhere, psn+ would still be cheaper by at least 3 fold". DemonDog on psn+ vs. Steam
#8STN79Posted 7/6/2013 1:17:56 AM
Wasn't the prime series a trilogy? I thought the story was complete. They shouldn't just shoehorn in another sequel just for the sake of having another Prime game. Good as they were i would really rather have a return to roots for the series. You know kinda like Other M only better and a little more old school. Still waiting on that propper Return of Samus remake. That game really needs a new lease on life. Oh and i'm one of those rare cases that actually liked Other M so poo on all you haters! If Samus suddenly goes back to being a mute i'll be a bit dissapointed.
#9king_maddenPosted 7/6/2013 1:18:15 AM
not like metroid sells a whole lot anyway. especially for a "bigger" name title.
#10STN79Posted 7/6/2013 1:21:14 AM
The Metroid series is alot like horror films in a sense. They almost never bring in the big bucks but later develop a strong cult following. They aren't usually appreciated in the moment when they are first released.