PS Vita is now crushing Wii U. Conveniently, no mention of 3DS. (Link inside)

#31AstralFrostPosted 7/6/2013 4:29:43 AM
Bloodychess posted...
AstralFrost posted...

I'll take your relentless backtracking as your admission of loss.

And I'll take your ignoral of the points in my last post as an admission that you no longer have any skewed math algorithms to fall back on. One of my posts was based off of a misread date, I'll give you that. But I pointed out that I wasn't falling for your faulty marketing share logic in my first detailed response to you, and it still holds valid now. It's subjective, your assessment is subjective. If you have a problem with what I'm saying, take it up with the Marketing Accountability Standards Board.

My theory on how to test measuring the market share for each console is more of an extrapolation than what you offered as well. If you want to compare two variables, make sure they are actually alike. Comparing a competitive console's market share to a non-competitive console's market share is almost always likely going to result in the competitive console looking better. This is seen by your statement that the Vita is selling 6x better than the Wii, even though the Wii U has outsold the Vita 4 to 1 (Rounded down). If you really want to make more fair market share claims about how the Vita is outselling the Wii U, wait until the Wii U actually has competition. At least then the variables will have something in common.

Edit: I'm going to go off the assumption that you ran off somewhere after your self-declared victory. Which is cool, I was getting bored of you too anyways. But hey, this was fun. Let's do it again today. How about I pick you up at 8? Actually don't answer that because I'm taking off too, but I'll still pick you up at 8.

Your points were:
- 3DS is selling better than Vita!
Sorry but this isn't what we were discussing but nice attempt at steering the topic in another direction when you started to lose badly.

- Vita only sold 800k units!
Mine is the official source, yours is from some magazine. Whether you agree with the official source is your problem.

- Market share makes the competitive console look better!
Which it should, since a console with 100% market share is in a free market without competition, duh. The console with only 10% market share is severely limited.

- We can't compare because the two consoles aren't alike!
You were happy to go with it when you thought it would make Wii U look better, now you're just backtracking when you realize the odds are against you.

- Lets wait until PS4 is released, LOL!
Again, you were happy to make the comparison when you thought it was in Wii U's favour and now you're just backtracking.

- 3DS was released after Vita!
LOL, enough said.

Feel free to add any points you feel I may have missed.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#32THMBZDownGNZUp(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 5:13:55 AM
Guys, guys. I already exposed my true motive a couple pages ago. FWIW, AstralFrost is absolutely right, and he has facts and statistics proving so. The beginning and the end of this topic will be posted below.

THMBZDownGNZUp posted...
It seems everybody glossed over my subliminal message. Let me explain.

This topic is a stealth brag thread meant to highly praise the PlayStation 4, which will dominate the 8th generation of gaming.
#33AstralFrostPosted 7/6/2013 5:16:34 AM
THMBZDownGNZUp posted...
Guys, guys. I already exposed my true motive a couple pages ago. FWIW, AstralFrost is absolutely right, and he has facts and statistics proving so. The beginning and the end of this topic will be posted below.

THMBZDownGNZUp posted...
It seems everybody glossed over my subliminal message. Let me explain.

This topic is a stealth brag thread meant to highly praise the PlayStation 4, which will dominate the 8th generation of gaming.

Excellent. Thank you for declaring me the winner. Feel free to lock this topic but not before sticky request.

Oh and I agree PS4 will clearly dominate this generation of home consoles.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#34mikebrand83Posted 7/6/2013 6:27:04 AM
THMBZDownGNZUp posted...
FWIW, AstralFrost is absolutely right, and he has facts and statistics proving so.

If you call those "facts and statistics proving so", then I'm afraid we'd have to declare that the Xbox One is the undisputed winner of this generation based on the same level of "facts and statistics proving so".

... Yeah, let's not go there, 'tis a silly place.
#35AstralFrostPosted 7/6/2013 6:31:05 AM
mikebrand83 posted...
THMBZDownGNZUp posted...
FWIW, AstralFrost is absolutely right, and he has facts and statistics proving so.

If you call those "facts and statistics proving so", then I'm afraid we'd have to declare that the Xbox One is the undisputed winner of this generation based on the same level of "facts and statistics proving so".

I'd be interested in knowing how you came to this conclusion.
---
#36FayeLadyPosted 7/6/2013 6:31:33 AM
Arguing over which is doing better is akin to arguing the smartest Roach in the Roach Motel. Both are in series trouble, and neither is very relevant to gaming in general right now.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#37AstralFrostPosted 7/6/2013 6:35:52 AM
FayeLady posted...
Arguing over which is doing better is akin to arguing the smartest Roach in the Roach Motel. Both are in series trouble, and neither is very relevant to gaming in general right now.

With the Wii U being at least 6 times less relevant as I have shown.
---
#38LordBowserPosted 7/6/2013 7:04:05 AM
Wait, I thought the 3DS was a complete failure and was doomed. I guess that didn't pan out, huh?

Clearly Wii U is doomed to fail just like the 3DS was. Oh, wait.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#39AstralFrostPosted 7/6/2013 7:12:49 AM
LordBowser posted...
Wait, I thought the 3DS was a complete failure and was doomed. I guess that didn't pan out, huh?

Clearly Wii U is doomed to fail just like the 3DS was. Oh, wait.

Good point. Lets compare the two, shall we?

3DS sales 6 months in: 6.68 million
Wii U sales 6 months in: 3.45 million

Yep Wii U is clearly making a comeback, nothing to worry about LOL.
---
#40Waggy17Posted 7/6/2013 7:53:04 AM
So, I take it that for some arbitrary reason, the Nintendo Wii U is in its own market and is somehow no longer competing with consoles like the PS3 and 360.
---
PSN/NNID - Waggy777
http://www.youtube.com/user/waggystg